Buying and Selling "Christened" Wetsuits

Pee-Pee Wetsuit Poll: Golden Rule?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just sold one of my old well peed in suits the other day on ebay . I thought I was being rather nice when I took the time to thoroughly soak it and clean it. Personaly though I would never buy a used suit more about fit than pee but I realy dont like the thought of swimming around in someone elses urine.

How are you going to know that it has NEVER been peed in? I would just wash it out good but I dont see much use in buying a used wet suit. I dont make it a point to pee in my suit but sometimes you just dont have much choice.:11:

If people are THAT desperately clean (or want to be) then maybe you should not dive in the sea? Sperm Whales do things, dolphins do things, all sorts of fish do things....you name it..... and you swim in it... it comes in your ears, nose, mouth and all sorts of places.

But if this would help. If you want to buy a used wetsuit (that I am willing to put money on HAS been peed in), use some Dettol and water to 'sanitize' it for ease of mind and go dive.

All wetsuits have been peed in!

Meng_Tze:

Here we go again: generalizing!!! :D I dive Henderson Gold-Core Semi-Dry and I do not pee in it.

Did the "peeing issue" bother anyone while RENTING a wetsuit? And, if you rented, did you pee in it yourself? :rofl3:

snhrph:
Here we go again: generalizing!!! :D I dive Henderson Gold-Core Semi-Dry and I do not pee in it.

Did the "peeing issue" bother anyone while RENTING a wetsuit? And, if you rented, did you pee in it yourself? :rofl3:

LOL, that's like the question, "Are people harder on rental cars than they are on their own car?"

Meng_Tze:

Simply not true...unless you mean that all wetsuits have swam in water that has pee in it from the animals that live there...

Up to this point (80+ dives), my wetsuit is pee-free on the inside. And don't tell me there are two categories... people that pee in their wetsuits and people that lie about peeing in their wetsuits. It's just not true. I may end up peeing in it at some point if I have to...but so far, I haven't had to. And if I end up peeing in my wetsuit, I'll have no problem telling people that I've peed in my wetsuit.

Did you know that if you can hold your pee the first time you get the sensation to pee, you will generally lose the sensation, and your bladder will hold another 150 mL of pee before the urge sets in again? I've had dives where I really had to pee at the beginning, and I said to my dive buddy..."This is the dive..." And ended up losing the need to pee while diving.

I just wouldn't buy a used wetsuit...not for pee reasons... I just don't think there are other folks my size that want to sell a wetsuit. And I agree with many of the other folks...there's worse stuff in the water than our pee.

It ain't the pee. Why would anyone buy a used wetsuit when new ones are quite reasonable and fit is crucial with a wetsuit.

Its conditional. If it didn't stink and the price was right, sure, why not :D

Well Since all my cert's are PADI, dunno what the other ones offer, but I heard that PADI and possibly others are offering a PEE Card, Not sure how many dive's it's going to be, and how much "volume" one must produce to get certified. But you could then take the PEEWIP (Pee Wetsuit Inspector Program) and get certified as a PEEWIP, then you could certify wetsuits that are fit for diving and once that won't pass "uro-hydro" testing ??????

(I am sorry, but I just could not resist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

me bad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom