Question Burn Testing DPV?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use one of these

It is not able to take a ~1kw load like a DPV is capable of pulling so it is not necessarily useful for finding out burn times since it doesn't put enough of a load to get the voltage to drop for battery cutoff, but as @Whitrzac it is definitely enough to check for battery health since you can load test it once a year until the BMS cuts off and track the capacity. Also useful for testing light/heater packs.

I may look more into option 1 since that will allow me more flexibility on running the DPV at different speeds for longer periods in a controlled environment. I guess the only downfall is not being able to account for gear factors (doubles + stages) but I can approximate and get some round numbers before a proper in-water test.
As far as the battery is concerned speed 5 has the same current draw no matter what you might be wearing. You'll just go faster in a single vs doubles & stages. The only thing which would change the current draw would be running in air vs water, which you cant do anyway or the shaft seal will burn up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom