2x older model Piranha's....what to do here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PEDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
A couple years ago I got a good deal on two older model (pre-PTB) DiveX Piranha P1 DPVs. Great scooters, but unfortunately one of the batteries has now gone kaput. The other still works and has decent burn time. I purchased all of the materials and 18650 batteries to rebuild the first battery but just have not had the time to finish the project. So I essentially have one working scooter and one working scooter with a battery that needs rebuilt.

Part of me just wants to sell both but not really sure what the interest level is for these. Outside of the battery, everything else is in great shape and I've had zero issues with them.

The PTB modules are still available from DiveX

Yeah but hard for me to swallow $1300 per module ($2600 for two) when that doesn't even include the cost of 8x PTB that I would need to buy also.

You won't get nearly as much for battery parts and a "was working fine" scooter as for a working scooter with a new battery.

Personally, I would build that new battery, get the scooter working, then try to sell them both and turn the money into one newer, better scooter.

Something that has DPV-appropriate Quality Control done on its batteries (i.e. not a PTB scooter).

OR, use the working one and hold onto the other one for spare parts.

You won't get nearly as much for battery parts and a "was working fine" scooter as for a working scooter with a new battery.

Personally, I would build that new battery, get the scooter working, then try to sell them both and turn the money into one newer, better scooter.

Something that has DPV-appropriate Quality Control done on its batteries (i.e. not a PTB scooter).

OR, use the working one and hold onto the other one for spare parts.

I'll most likely just end up rebuilding both battery modules so I can easily match them to use as either a P1 or P2 configuration (originally why I bought them both). Was thinking of picking up a Blacktip if I could sell these but I would probably be better off just getting these finished.

I'll most likely just end up rebuilding both battery modules so I can easily match them to use as either a P1 or P2 configuration (originally why I bought them both). Was thinking of picking up a Blacktip if I could sell these but I would probably be better off just getting these finished.
Your existing scooters are way better than a plastic blacktip

A couple years ago I got a good deal on two older model (pre-PTB) DiveX Piranha P1 DPVs. Great scooters, but unfortunately one of the batteries has now gone kaput. The other still works and has decent burn time. I purchased all of the materials and 18650 batteries to rebuild the first battery but just have not had the time to finish the project. So I essentially have one working scooter and one working scooter with a battery that needs rebuilt.

Part of me just wants to sell both but not really sure what the interest level is for these. Outside of the battery, everything else is in great shape and I've had zero issues with them.

I might be able to help, DM inbound.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom