Bummed out about the new classifieds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

S0ckm0nk3y

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All,

One of my very favorite pastimes is trolling through the SB classifieds. For complaining sake I'd like to say that I'm really bummed out I can't do that anymore with the re-org of the classifieds forum.

The few purchases I've made off SB were for things I didn't even know I wanted until I saw it scroll by with my morning cup of coffee in hand. On the flipside I've sold a few items that were growing dust because I happened upon a WTB posting.

Being a creature of habit I'm sad that an enjoyable pastime is no longer available to me.

Outside of taking away one of my favorite leisure time activities the new classifieds force people who are selling a large amount of gear to use multiple posts. Anyone who has sold a long list of scuba gear online can tell you how hard it is to manage one thread (plus PMs) much less 20.

If you are selling all your gear as a set you'd be hard pressed to find a category... which means buyers will have trouble finding your gear too. Or if you are selling as a set it will be impossible for people to offer to break it up if they never see you're selling it as a package (stage bottle and regs come to mind) because it is posted in a random forum.

-Eric

I completely agree. I have the classifieds open pretty much permanently on all of my computers at work and at home. I hop on and scroll through everything that shows up because I'm such a gear head. Now I have to go through each category which may be more trouble than it's worth and it certainly takes more time!

Last edited:
I totally agree, the new classifieds suck. If you wanted to search for something, that is what search is for. Change it back

It's a tough balance for all of us to achieve! Take heart, all of the classifieds are still in one section and we are still researching options so you can view it all at once. We're not there yet, so hang with us!

Thanks NetDoc... I had no idea until this morning how much I enjoyed sifting through SB classifieds. Looking forward to what you folks come up with... and thanks for your hard work.

-Eric

It's a tough balance for all of us to achieve! Take heart, all of the classifieds are still in one section and we are still researching options so you can view it all at once. We're not there yet, so hang with us!

Not to pile on, but I also used to enjoy just scrolling through all the listings. If I was looking for something specific, I'd just hit the search. Was there an issue with the old system?

Not to pile on, but I also used to enjoy just scrolling through all the listings. If I was looking for something specific, I'd just hit the search. Was there an issue with the old system?
We fielded several complaints about items being buried after just a couple of hours after being posted. If you look in the respective Gear forums, you will see that we added a link as well. So if you are in the Tanks forum, you will find: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/classifieds-tanks-accessories/ as well.

"Other" was intended to be for combined sales as well as those not specifically listed.

I would agree with most of the posters as well. I won't take to time to look at specific categories unless I want something specific. How about "want to buy" and "want to sell"?

Well, it'll all work out once they figure out how to see them both ways.

If you keep the categories, how about adding one for women's gear?

If I'm looking for a suit, fins, bc, mask, etc., it would be great not to have to sift through the majority of stuff that is men's gear and that won't have a chance of fitting. Yeah, you'd probably have to lump multiple categories together, but I still think this would be cool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom