Bummed out about the new classifieds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, that should probably be in a sub-category in exposure protection.

Everything else is pretty much uni-sex.

the K

I'm psyched to hear that there might be a way to list all the classifieds in one forum. Thanks for the rapid response to my feedback.

Here's a good example of an ad for a bp/w that also includes a mention of cylinders for sale. It might be a bit much to ask this person to post two ads cause not everyone is as tech savvy as others. Although some documentation or mention of the need to post seperate ads might alleviate the problem.

Thanks again for listening.

-Eric

I have to side with those that prefer the single classified view.
The reason that many post get burried is that they are not good deals and do not interest users enough to comment.
If you really want to create more traffic to ads change the TOS to allow users to post links for comparison. This will help members to be better informed if a deal is good or just trying to take advantage of the uninformed members. I'm tired of people trying to sell second hand gear for the same price the item can be had new from a authorized dealer with a warranty. Why protect those that would try to take advantage of other members using the present TOS? Beyond comparitive links allow members to openly discuss what they feel is fair based on age condition and the present market.

We can't really do both arrangements, but what if we made an easy link button to display ALL classified ads from the last few days?

Like made a button that said, Display all ads and put this link at the top of the forum?

Well, that should probably be in a sub-category in exposure protection.

Everything else is pretty much uni-sex.

the K

I'll believe "everything else is pretty much uni-sex" the day I see some guy on a dive boat wearing a Hera or Ladyhawk BC with a smaller 63 cu tank, a ladies dive watch, and a mid-size mask.

The reason I'll never see this is not because of the styling, it's because of the sizing and fit. I will grant you that some women can easily fit into unisex gear, but many of us simply cannot, or have found that women's-specific gear gives a much better fit, so having to search through the vast majority of stuff that won't fit, or won't fit well, is a hassle.

Maybe it's a logistical nightmare to have a separate section (or sub-sections within the sections), but I still think it would be really nice. Just my two PSI.

I think another issue is that I don't think people generally go through looking for WTB posts. They just happen to see them and think hey, I have one that I don't mind getting rid of. This makes that difficult unless you just go through every category for no reason. If you are intent on selling it anyways, then you are probably just going to post it up for sale instead of looking for a WTB post.

I like this idea! Make it so!

Well this improves my workforce deviance.
:banana::bounce2::bounce3::bounce::dance::luxhello::yeahbaby::yelclap::dancingsnoopy::bigmonkey:

That's pretty awesome. I feel a little silly now.

Thanks folks for getting this together for us classifieds junkies. I'm off to go scratch the reload itch.

-Eric

We can't really do both arrangements, but what if we made an easy link button to display ALL classified ads from the last few days?

Like made a button that said, Display all ads and put this link at the top of the forum?

Why limit to "the last few days"? I'd say do at least the last week, if not two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom