Bummed out about the new classifieds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

now it is sub categorized; it feels (user opinion) more boring to vertically navigate; it wasn't that much busy in the first place to categorize. In fact merely 2-10 ads per day on average.
the "flattened" older version was much more usable IMO.

Why limit to "the last few days"? I'd say do at least the last week, if not two.

If you mouse over the link in the forum you can see it's 7days. if you want more - copy the link, and change it.

This is the link.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/search.php?do=getdaily&days=7&include=747,746,745,750,432,748,483,744,749,447

&days=7 set that to whatever you want, and add it to your bookmarks. :wink:

If you mouse over the link in the forum you can see it's 7days. if you want more - copy the link, and change it.

This is the link.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/search.php?do=getdaily&days=7&include=747,746,745,750,432,748,483,744,749,447

&days=7 set that to whatever you want, and add it to your bookmarks. :wink:

A great solution to a problem that didn't exist in the first place!

:D

A great solution to a problem that didn't exist in the first place!

:D

We saw a problem... We made a change. All of the complaints have been fielded, and now we can have it "both ways"

Before; we fielded several complaints (privately) from sellers who were having their posts buried because the classified was too active. We responded. Now a small handful of people are complaining because they liked the big messy lumped together forum? So we made that possible as well... :confused: I guess it just proves... you can't make everyone happy.

Classified: \ˈkla-sə-ˌfīd\ Function: adjective Date: 1889

1 : divided into classes or placed in a class <classified ads>

1 category called "Classified" is not classified. That is a for sale forum. Classifieds are just that... Classified.

now our forum is both classified, and there's a way to see a "for sale forum" with everything. Everyone who is complaining at this point is just saying, "I liked it the way I liked it better, so put it back" The way we have it now; is a win win.

Now a small handful of people are complaining because they liked the big messy lumped together forum?

Hey! My whole life is messy, and I like it that way! :D Besides, some people just don't like change, even if it's for the better (I can be like that also).

You can't make everyone happy. And just for the record, the new layout of the classifieds, with the ability to see the history, will (once we get used to it) be better for those people who seem to like organization instead of chaos. I'll bet the people who don't like the new way have garages that look like mine. :wink:

We have implemented a new menu in the navigation bar.

Hope you like it. :)

Back
Top Bottom