Bugfest-by-the-Sea, Lobster Mini-Season 2015!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL...that's a funny.

It's a joke really, it's biggest bug caught by a female diver. :)

---------- Post added July 16th, 2015 at 07:50 PM ----------

Just seen on Facebook:
BugFest-By-The-Sea is once again honored to have wreck diving legend John Chatterton (Shadow Divers and Pirate Hunters) as part of our event again this year! Not only is John offering a 1-day wreck diving seminar that includes two dives, he is also giving a Shadow Divers presentation on Friday, July 24 at 7PM in Jarvis Hall. The presentation is free and open to the public!

---------- Post added July 16th, 2015 at 07:53 PM ----------

And I just received a link to this article in my e-mail: Bugfest By The Sea 2015 – More Fun, More Lobster, More Prizes!

SATURDAY,JULY 25

• JohnChatterton Wreck Diving Workshop (two dives), 9AM-12PM, Jarvis Hall
  • DiveEquipment Seminar with Force E, 3PM-4:30PM, Jarvis Hall
  • Jim"Chiefy" Mathie Lobster Hunting Seminar, 4:30PM-6:30PM,Jarvis Hall
  • Mini-SeasonKickoff Party, Saturday, July 25, 7PM-10PM, Beach Pavilion/OceanPlaza

SUNDAY,JULY 26

• Free BeachDiving Clinic with Gold Coast Scuba, Sunday, July 26, 8AM-10:30AM,Datura Portal

TUESDAY,JULY 28

• GreatFlorida Bug Hunt Sign-Up, 6-8PM, El Prado Park
  • GreatFlorida Bug Hunt Online Registration Ends at 5PM

WEDNESDAY,JULY 29

• MidnightBeach Dive Contest, 12:01AM, 3AM Weigh-In Deadline, El Prado Park
  • GreatFlorida Bug Hunt Weigh-In, 5PM-7PM, El Prado Park

THURSDAY,JULY 30

• GreatFlorida Bug Hunt Weigh-In, 3PM-5PM, El Prado Park
  • BugFestLobster Chef Competition, 6-8PM, Beach Pavilion/Ocean Plaza
  • GreatFlorida Bug Hunt Contest Winners Announced 8PM-8:30PM, BeachPavilion/Ocean Plaza

FRIDAY,JULY 31

• SSCopenhagen Dive/Snorkel Trip,8:30AM-12PM, South Florida Diving Headquarters, Pompano Beach
  • BeachfrontLobster Cookout with Lenore Nolan-Ryan, 7-9:30PM, El Prado Park

SATURDAY,AUG. 1

• SSCopenhagenDive, 7:30AM-12PM, South Florida Diving Headquarters
  • GoldCoast Scuba Anglin'sPier Clean-Up, 8AM-9:30AM,Anglin's Pier
  • StokedOn Salt Beach Clean-Up, 9AM-11AM, El Prado Park
  • StokedOn Salt Family Fun Activities, 11AM-1PM, El Prado Park
  • BugFestBeach & Pier Clean-Up Volunteer Barbecue, 11:30AM-2PM, El PradoPark
  • ScubaCowboy Concert, 1-3PM, El Prado Park
  • ScubaRadio Broadcast, 3-5PM, El Prado Park
  • BugFestPhoto/Video Contest Presentation, 4-5:30PM, Jarvis Hall

Last edited:
thanks for the info...hope to see you there......check your above scheduled you have two July 30s..... Friday is the 31st.

Hey thanks! It was a copy-paste. I'll be at some of the weigh-ins and will definitely be at the contest party Thursday night!

---------- Post added July 21st, 2015 at 01:08 PM ----------

This just showed in my e-mail inbox.

Shadow Divers (U-Boat 869) Presentation
is Friday at 7PM in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea

The amazing six-year effort by divers to identify a World War II German U-Boat sunk in 230 feet of water off New Jersey in 1991 will be the topic of a presentation Friday by John Chatterton, one of the divers who helped identify the submarine.

The presentation, which is free and open to the public, will be held Friday (7-24-15) at 7PM in Jarvis Hall, 4505 N. Ocean Drive, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea. The presentation is part of the Town's upcoming BugFest-By-The-Sea dive festival (July 24-Aug. 1, 2015).

Chatterton's exhaustive efforts along with diver Richie Kohler to identify the U-869 was the subject ofShadow Divers, a best-selling book by Robert Kurson. Three divers died while attempting to recover evidence to positively identify the submarine.

When the sub was discovered 60 miles off Point Pleasant, N.J., there were no records of any World War II vessels in the area. Naval records officially listed the U-869 as sunk during the war off Gibraltar.

Perhaps the world’s best known wreck diver, Chatterton is also giving a one-day wreck diving workshop on Saturday, July 25.

The BugFest web site is www.lbtsevents.com/bugfest-by-the-sea.com.

For more information, call Steve d'Oliveira at 954-640-4209.

for some reason the LBTS lobsterfest kickoff party was moved or cancelled....i went to the pavilion and there was no lobster party or people wearing lobster shirts. (LOL).

Last edited:
Cancelled due to weather. So sorry about that! It was posted on their Facebook page. The Thursday night party has been expanded to be AWESOME. See you there! I will be the co-host of the Great Florida Bughunt contest and the raffle.Here's the scoop from their Facebook page: "Saturday's mini-season kickoff party cancelled because of rain will be re-born on Thursday from 6 to 8PM as 'The Big One That Got Away' Party! There will be music by the Scuba Cowboy, contest awards for divers, raffle prizes, drinks by Aruba and the popular Lobster Chef Competition featuring the two Clownfish of Diving, ScubaNation TV's Billy C and Mitch! The party is being held at the Beach Pavilion/Ocean Plaza in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, 1 Commercial Blvd. It's going to be fun. Share with your friends!"

thanks for the info..i will be at the party on Thursday and hope to see you..... o.k. so last night i was at the el-prado park around 0230 weighing in my catch when this diver shows up with a lobster almost 5#...needless to say i think he's got the big one....happy hunting be safe and respect the reef....

FIVE POUNDS holy cow! I have six nice sized tails in my freezer right now. No, I didn't limit but I'm happy. See ya Thursday night!

don't fret...i didn't limit either but I'm good with it because i can only eat one at a time...had fun at the fest.....didn't win anything at the drawing; oh wait! i did get a uzzi shirt when they handed them out.....had loads of fun though.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom