Bugfest-by-the-Sea, Lobster Mini-Season 2015!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
If you’re doing mini-season, check out BugFest-by-the-Sea! Parties, contests, dive gear prizes and $1000 for the buddy team that bags the 12 biggest bugs on opening day.

You can register online for just $20, and you get a BugFest T-shirt and Reef Safe Goody Bag with lots of free stuff. I’ve gone and it’s a blast. There’s also a wreck-diving workshop with John Chatterton.

This is the fourth annual Bugfest and my third time attending...I missed the first because I was in Hawai'i (I know, poor me, lol). Last year I won $100 for biggest lobster caught by a woman. No, I don't remember how much it weighed, sorry.

There will be dozens of terrific raffle prizes. Last year, many people said that just the goody bag for registering for Bugfest was worth more than the cost to enter.

Check out the website for schedule of events, contest information, hotel deals, and more. LINK: Bugfest by the Sea

IMGP3053.jpg BUGFEST-LOGO.jpg IMG_5699.jpg

yes....i will participate..........thanks for the reminder.

An aweome party with lots of nice events. If you're coming to actually catch lobsters, odds are so much better in Miami Dade, the Keys, Palm Beach, or pretty much anywhere else. I think I read a recent study that there are no legal-sized bugs in the Broward area....so you're much better off lobstering at say....Lake Okeechobee.

But as stated, the parties are great.

Bill
Needs Chug to chime in on this...

Last edited:
Bilsant, great teasing about no bugs in Broward, lol!!! I won $100 last year for biggest bug caught by a woman...caught off Fort Lauderdale. :)

yes; shhh but i think he's fooling.....

Sport Diver just published this!

BIG BUCKS FOR BIG BUGS AT BUGFEST!
Lauderdale-By-The-Sea pays homage to Florida's lobster mini-season with bug hunting contests, parties, a Scuba Cowboy concert, pier clean-up, chef competition and more!
LBTS07072015-3.jpg

The seaside village of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea expects more than 300 divers to descend on its sunny shores soon to celebrate Florida’s popular lobster mini-season at its 4th Annual BugFest-By-The-Sea Dive Festival (July 24 - Aug. 1).

Sponsored by Reef Safe, BugFest features the Great Florida Bug Hunt, a series of lobster hunting contests where divers can win $15,000 in cash and dive gear. The buddy team that bags the 12 biggest bugs on mini-season opening day will take home $1,000! Henderson, Atomic, Aqua Lung and Oceanic all contributed prizes.

BugFest also features a wreck diving workshop with John Chatterton (Shadow Divers), a lobster hunting seminar by author Jim "Chiefy" Mathie, and a Stoked On Salt (ocean gear) Family Fun Day featuring nautical arts and crafts and snorkeling.

Known for great beach diving because of its near-shore reefs, the Town was recognized by the Florida Legislature in 2015 for its outstanding diving opportunities and staghorn coral project with Nova Southeastern University.

More Lobsters! Less Driving!

LBTS07072015-1.jpg LBTS07072015-4.jpg BUGFEST-LOGO.jpg

that's cool....

I am so excited, I can't wait!!! I hope I win "cutest lobster" two years in a row!!! (That's biggest bug caught by a female!)

"cutest lobster" is that a female lobster that's cute?......what do they call the male lobster?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom