Budget Bunaken & Lembeh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-SCUBADAVE-

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In Feburary 2011, I stayed @ Daniels Resort/Immanuel Divers for two enjoyable weeks. Daniels was filled almost to capacity every night, dispite being low season. Its very popular for backpackers who seem to be collected daily by thier supply boat from the Manado harbour. The walk-in prices are lower then the prices on the web-site.
Bunaken
150,000 Rp. Basic Bungalow
200,000 Rp. Deluxe Bungalow
275,000/Dive incl. equipment. 10th dive complimentary
Lembeh
225,000 Rp. New bungalow
360,000/Dive incl. equipment. 10th dive complimentary

I found, the longer I stayed/dived, the more negotiable even these prices became.

The resort doesnt look like much from the road, but is set around lush gardens. Every bungalow seemed to have at least one issue with it. If you wanted to change to a different one, Helmi, the manager would be happy to change you to another. The deluxe are worth the extra. They are larger with decent western style queen-size mattresses. The basic bungalows are mostly set close to the beach bar. Sometimes the noise doesnt quiet down till after midnite. Could be annoying.

Felix is the only certified Divemaster with ImmanuelDivers. The others are only Dive 'Guides'. Most of the guides are decent, but not spectacular at finding stuff underwater. Although I was happy with their service, I'm not sure if I would recomend this operation to new, unexperienced divers. Ferdinand is the dive shops Instructor, but works independantly. You can find him either building his new home right behind the deluxe bungalows, or he usually shows up in Daniels resturant after dinner. Diveguide Retno found almost everything there is to see in just 4 dives @ Lembeh.
The equipment in Lembeh was brand new Mares. I doubt mine had been used more than 5 times. The equipment in Bunaken was a bit aveage for rentals. There were some issues with depth and air guages sticking. Felix would be seen dismantling and cleaning some equipment, so at least they try. We went out for a night snorkle a couple of evenings, and they didnt even charge us for borrowing their flashlights/torchs. So that was nice!
Lunches and dinners were plentiful, healthy and on the most part, quite tasty with lotsa veriety. Always 2-3 rice and vege. dishes and a couple meat or fish. Breakfast was always unimpressive but enough to keep you alive till the lunch buffet.
I booked online because they had a great low season deal. No money was exchanged till the day of departure. Dont care much for money transactions online. They still picked me up and dropped me back to the airport-complimentary. Again, it depends how long you stay. The room rates are per/person, but they didnt charge me extra being single. My 2nd accomadation choice would have been TwoFishDivers, but the off season deal they had, didnt accomadate single divers. Nice resort though. Nicely manicured gardens. Feel a bit bad that I didnt stay there considering their prompt and courteous email replys.
All in all, Id definately recomend Daniels/ImmanuelDivers to the budget minded who arent too fussy about everything being perfect.
Oh, also, The snorkling in front of the resort is fantastic. If you want to do a dolfin tour, Ferdinand will use his boat for aprox. 600,000-800,000 Rp. Depending on and divided by the amount of passengers travelling. Also, the island has nice trails for an afternoon walk. And also, if you just want to snorkle you can tag along with the divers boat. I dont remember if they charged a snorkling fee. Oh, and last but not least, purchase your own MarineParkPass in town. The resort doesnt offer them, but your expected to have one. Sorry Bunaken, I didnt know till the day I left that I needed one.
-SCUBADAVE-
Welcome Daniel's Resort & Immanuel Dive Center

Back
Top Bottom