Buddy missing on surface - What would you have done?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NadMat:
Again, proper planning and communication is the key. If there was not a specific 'what to do if we are seperated plan' then you both share the blame. If you do not Plan the Dive, then it is impossible to Dive the Plan. Refusing to talk about this will not make him a better diver, nor will being PO'd at him (not to mention what it can do to your blood pressure). If, after calmly and without fingerpointing, he refuses to acknowledge that you should have had a plan, then you can and should (IMAO) refuse to dive with him any more. Assigning blame is not the point, realization of what went wrong and what steps we can take to prevent reoccurance is the lesson to be learned. (again just myAO)

Happy and Safe diving to you,
Matt
Good suggestions, but he's 60 miles from me, has a different life, we never see each other. He quit the LDS & club I go to. Not going to track him down. He left abruptly that day, so until further notice - I'll respect that choice.
costumed-smiley-088.gif

Don,

Have you ever tried letting Jerry lead? That way, he is in front of you and you won't have to do the gawd-aweful "aww do i really have to" periodic turn around to see if your buddy is behind you.

It would be an interesting experiment to see if you can manage not loosing him while he is right in front of you:D. Also, by doing this, you can better give him an a*s-whooping underwater before he turns towards an "engine room" or "first deck". If he protests on the surface afterwards, you can blame it on him hitting the side of the wreck or cave or whatever and say you never touched him.

If you loose him, we may know where the real problem lies:D.

Back
Top Bottom