Buddy hotel room or other choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mooner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I am looking for some advice on a place to stay in May for a week with a drive and dive package for a solo diver. I have been looking at the Buddy hotel rooms, has anyone stayed there.

I do not need a kitchen just a small frig for drinks as I do not want to cook on vacation. I would prefer to have a restaurant on site or within close walking distance for breakfast and some lunchs. With a vehicle I will definately be checking out some of the restaurants for dinners suggested on this board. I would prefer on the water accomodations with pool & bar.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Buddy's works for that, so does Capt' Don's Habitat next door. In fact you can walk to either one for a little food variety. Capt' Don's has Rumrunners waterfront restaurant and a brick oven pizza place.

Personally I'd pick Buddy's over Capt' Dons as a place to stay. Buddy's drive-thru tank pickup is really convenient for shore diving.

From Buddy's I believe you can also walk along the water to the Den Laman restaurant just south of Sand Dollar Condos. And just past that is Bongos Beach Bar at Eden Beach. All are within about about 300 yds. of each other even if you had to walk out of the resort entrance and along the main road. There's also a small market nearby should you want a few basics - Lover's ice cream is next door. And a bank with ATM that gives dollars.

Another choice might be the Divi Flamingo just south of town, the Chibi-Chibi restaurant is on-site and it's probably the only resort within reasonable walking distance of downtown Kralendijk where there are lots of food options - City Cafe, Zee Zicht, It Rains Fishes(pricey) Bobby-Jans takeout BBQ, KFC, the ribs place, Karels bar and a couple I've missed are all close to each other.

Finally the Plaza has everything you're looking for also. There's also a little sandwich shop just across the street that we stopped at more than once for a quick between dives lunch.

I am looking for some advice on a place to stay in May for a week with a drive and dive package for a solo diver. I have been looking at the Buddy hotel rooms, has anyone stayed there.

I do not need a kitchen just a small frig for drinks as I do not want to cook on vacation. I would prefer to have a restaurant on site or within close walking distance for breakfast and some lunchs. With a vehicle I will definately be checking out some of the restaurants for dinners suggested on this board. I would prefer on the water accomodations with pool & bar.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

I have a group going there end of May/1 st week in June ..will send you a pm..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom