Quebec & Montreal in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoweman

Untroubled Troll
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are flying to Montreal, and then getting on a train to Quebec City for several days. We will return to Montreal for a couple of nights to catch an early flight back to ATL.

Others may be joining us, but I'm not sure how many (up to six more) will join us. If it's just my wife and I, we will probably stay at a hotel. If it's one or two more couples, then I would think we would stay at an AirBnB. If it's eight of us, then it's probably back to a hotel.

My real question is this: Are there any off-the-beaten-path restaurants that you think has spectacular food? I don't mind recommendations that I can also find on TripAdvisor, but I am looking for the hidden gem. Breakfast, lunch and/or dinner places are welcome.

Also, if you have a sight or tour that you think is well worth making the extra effort, please let me know. Maybe a cooking class? I'm looking forward to the trip.

Snoweman

By Quebec I assume you mean the city?

Stay in the old town and walk down the hill. This place is tucked away around the corner. Very few tourists.

Yes. I thought I had specified it. It's corrected now. Thanks.

Yes. I thought I had specified it. It's corrected now. Thanks.
Lots of small quirky hotels in the old city. We have stayed in a handful and have always been happy.

This one has a small luggage elevator to get your bags (not you!) upstairs.

But staying in the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac is sublime, especially if you get a suite. I think that they have 2 bedroom suites.

But staying in the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac is sublime, especially if you get a suite. I think that they have 2 bedroom suites.

Agreed. Nice luxury chain hotel. But you could be anywhere. Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg, even Calgary. You will get a fabulous Fairmont experience, not a uniquely local Quebec City experience.

Agreed. Nice luxury chain hotel. But you could be anywhere. Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg, even Calgary. You will get a fabulous Fairmont experience, not a uniquely local Quebec City experience.
Ok

😄

Back
Top Bottom