Bucket List Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. Southern Line Islands
Cook Islands to Tahiti: Pristine Reefs of the South Pacific | National Geographic Expeditions

However this cruise looks like a cruise with a little diving tacked on, too much $$ for so few dives. No other way to get there.... :(

2. Rangiroa, Fakarava. Currently in a multi year process of getting enough miles to get their via points on Air France.

Knocking RA off the list in 8 weeks with Komodo/Bali next July.

Not sure after those, Red Sea looks like a nice way to get some great diving and save some $.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had a bucket list.

The Blue Hole (Belize) is overrated. Poor viz, long trip even from Turneffe, no wildlife.

Tried to do a kelp dive, but ended up doing the wrong part of La Jolla.

I got to see whale sharks AND mantas on a trip from Isla Mujeres. That was nice.

I'd still like to see hammerheads, but I've kind of dropped the idea of a diving bucket list at this point. I'm happy to take each dive as it comes.

The Global Center of Marine Bio-Diversity on this Planet, as well as the wonderful social, cultural & linguistic anthropology of the countries surrounding this region:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_Triangle

Kelp diving in California.... the BEST is out in Channel Islands, the farther out the better. San Clemente island is fantastic. Santa Rosa great. Catalina is good. Santa Barbara and Anacapa have amazing sealions and kelp. ANY of the islands are great diving with great fishlife. We have not been to San Diego but were told by a friend that it isn't as good there. Only good thing to dive there is the wreck alley, kelp there doesn't have much fishlife. That is what he says... and he is a Calif native.

My bucket list:
Still haven't been back to NC to dive the submarines. Last trip there we got blown out by rough seas.
Snorkeling with whale sharks off Isla Holbox Mexico one summer.

I really don't have much other destinations on my list. I just really hate flying anywhere anymore... hassle, bag drag, crowds, waiting, jetlag... I just don't deal with that well anymore. I am also concerned about safety in some destinations so I have thrown out 80% of my old bucket list. They just aren't appealing to me anymore.

Kelp diving in California.... the BEST is out in Channel Islands, the farther out the better. San Clemente island is fantastic. Santa Rosa great. Catalina is good. Santa Barbara and Anacapa have amazing sealions and kelp. ANY of the islands are great diving with great fishlife. We have not been to San Diego but were told by a friend that it isn't as good there. Only good thing to dive there is the wreck alley, kelp there doesn't have much fishlife. That is what he says... and he is a Calif native.

My bucket list:
Still haven't been back to NC to dive the submarines. Last trip there we got blown out by rough seas.
Snorkeling with whale sharks off Isla Holbox Mexico one summer.

I really don't have much other destinations on my list. I just really hate flying anywhere anymore... hassle, bag drag, crowds, waiting, jetlag... I just don't deal with that well anymore. I am also concerned about safety in some destinations so I have thrown out 80% of my old bucket list. They just aren't appealing to me anymore.

I have dove the San Diego Kelp quite a few times and the fish life was good. Haven't been to Catalina yet but I need to have a good reason to cold water dive nowadays.

---------- Post added October 21st, 2015 at 09:09 AM ----------

I had a bucket list.

The Blue Hole (Belize) is overrated. Poor viz, long trip even from Turneffe, no wildlife.

Tried to do a kelp dive, but ended up doing the wrong part of La Jolla.

I got to see whale sharks AND mantas on a trip from Isla Mujeres. That was nice.

I'd still like to see hammerheads, but I've kind of dropped the idea of a diving bucket list at this point. I'm happy to take each dive as it comes.

Laconic is the Belize Blue Hole really all marketing? I guess I will take that one off the list. How does Belize compare to Bonaire or Coz? Belize seems expensive for 2 dives a day or a liveaboard.

I love Indonesia, but I've discovered that as long as I'm diving (and don't die in the process), I'm happy. No expectations is the secret in my opinion. I'd like to see Komodo and Missool. I want to go back to Layang Layang and Sipadan again. In fact, I'd be happy if the only diving I did for the rest of my life was Layang Layang and Missool.

I have dove the San Diego Kelp quite a few times and the fish life was good. Haven't been to Catalina yet but I need to have a good reason to cold water dive nowadays.

---------- Post added October 21st, 2015 at 09:09 AM ----------

Laconic is the Belize Blue Hole really all marketing? I guess I will take that one off the list. How does Belize compare to Bonaire or Coz? Belize seems expensive for 2 dives a day or a liveaboard.

Here are all my California diving videos.... you can compare to your experiences:
https://vimeo.com/album/18779

here is what I mean about San Clemente fishlife and kelp:
[vimeo]1480280[/vimeo]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom