Bridge debris from old Donald Ross Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys.
Yeah, I think the weekend is gonna be jacked up.

I think (hope) it'll be OK by Wednesday though.

Yeah...that would stink if mini season got bent by this storm.
Not that I'll have any free time to go buggin'.

:)
tuesday
east southeast winds 6 to 10 knots becoming 9 to
12 knots. Seas 2 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Chance of
showers and slight chance of thunderstorms.

The storm should be well past by tomorrow afternoon.
Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking?
If not, there's always the night dive at BHB Sat. evening.

We're on the same page. I'm thinking about 1- 1 1/2 hours before high tide.
This way you can hit the site at slack tide and catch the incoming tide for a ride in.
But hey...when you're jonesing for a dive, I guess it doesn't matter when you go.

I am wondering if you'd do the dive 1 1/2 before slack LOW tide. If you were diving it before high tide, wouldn't the seas be outgoing and pulling you out after the high tide mark?? After slack low tide, you'd get a ride on the incoming tide. Am I all wet??

My bad.....I meant slack between low that way you get a ride out but finish the dive and catch the tide coming in.

haven't made it out to the site yet, but I'm thinking about going on my surfski tomorrow... Did some swimming out just N of Marcinski today at Low tide and the water from the beach out to about 100 yds was beautiful. Saw a few lobster, tarpon, and a school of blue fish in about 20' depth.

It seems that inshore viz has been best at low tide lately... don't know about the site though.

haven't made it out to the site yet, but I'm thinking about going on my surfski tomorrow... Did some swimming out just N of Marcinski today at Low tide and the water from the beach out to about 100 yds was beautiful. Saw a few coconuts, tarpon, and a school of blue fish in about 20' depth.

It seems that inshore viz has been best at low tide lately... don't know about the site though.

A tow in would be nice. :D

(I fixed your post by the way.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom