Bridge debris from old Donald Ross Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe she'd want to do BHB.
I think high tide is about 1ish tomorrow?

That IS a possibility. I was gonna look into the tides.

I went by blue roofs again on my way from work. Gnarly again. Keep forgetting to throw a compass in the car. Lunch time today there was a boat on station. Would make a nice kayak dive. Buddy and I are trying to figure a way to do it with PWC's. You know, tow those platforms ocean rescue uses, LOL.

(wish I hadn't sold my last boat, but I'll get over it. :))

You know what they say.
The two best days in a boaters life are the day he buys a boat and the day he sells it.
I'll probably be at the bridge tomorrow shooting pics.

Keep me in loop. I may join in with another dive flag for safety. Free-diving or scuba?

Hey Scott!

My thought is Scuba. Although I suspect it would be easier swimming out w/o the gear.

Hey Scott!

My thought is Scuba. Although I suspect it would be easier swimming out w/o the gear.

Yeah, I have not been working out enough lately so scuba would be my choice. Does the law permit scuba from the beach? Have never witnessed before from that area...

I can't imagine any prohibition outside the guarded areas.

I have occasionally seen people go out off double roads when the rocks are exposed. Although IMO that was much more conducive to snorkeling.

A couple of very good friends are with Ocean Rescue and have spoken to me of divers swimming out from shore or on Kayaks. Never mentioned it was not permitted.

I can't imagine any prohibition outside the guarded areas.

I have occasionally seen people go out off double roads when the rocks are exposed. Although IMO that was much more conducive to snorkeling.

A couple of very good friends are with Ocean Rescue and have spoken to me of divers swimming out from shore or on Kayaks. Never mentioned it was not permitted.

May have to be after this weekend looking at the weather...

I know.

Despite what appeared to be adverse conditions, we dived it again today.
Parked one car at #48 beach entry, the other at #32 hoping to try to swim straight out and let current carry us to the drop zone.
Unfortunately the current wasn't as heavy as anticipated and we had to swim a bit more than expected which was OK by me. I need the added exercise and I dropped down along the way to gather a few sand dollars....:)
Vis was top to bottom and a few feet more but just barely (about 30 feet)....you couldn't see much farther than that in any direction so you almost had to be on top of structure to see it.
We were finally rewarded with that wonderful shadow we'd been looking for and dropped down to investigate.
We hit what looked like a huge cobblestone road as the the blocks were laid out symmetrically.This surprised me being much farther south than I expected. The current was pretty much nonexistent but I think that might have been due to timing. We planned the dive a right around slack tide, dropping at just around 2PM.
Rather than current we got more of a washing machine movement (to and fro)
Didn't see anything that I would consider spectacular. More of the usual suspects.
What was nice is that despite vis being........OK, you could still barely make out the next patch of debris across the sand from where you were.
Can't wait to do it again. I think this will be a regular spot for me until I know it well enough to guide visitors.

Sounds sweet.

Please keep up the posts.

With the exception of there being no fans and twice the depth, this site reminds me alot of the first reef line at Lauderdale by the Sea

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom