Breathing off the BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Davey Diverson once bubbled...

Let me ask the question another way. At what point during an OOA emergency are you just screwed, and resigned to drowning?

Never give up.

Popeye once bubbled...

I was fumbling through the NOAA manual, but I couldn't find the index.

Whoa dude! You have to know the book! Its a requirment that all BOW students have everything memorized, letter and verse!

You should be able to spout out the 11 Diving Rules when your DI (Diving Instructor) bubbles in your ear! :wink:

I never orally inflate my BC unless I have to, so I know there is at least one good breath of air in it and if I really need to I will use it. Seems to me to be an easy choice. :)

Windwalker once bubbled...

Whoa dude! You have to know the book! Its a requirment that all BOW students have everything memorized, letter and verse!

You should be able to spout out the 11 Diving Rules when your DI (Diving Instructor) bubbles in your ear! :wink:

Another clear case of training gone awry...

Popeye once bubbled...
blacknet once bubbled...
Hello,

I suppose if any of you jokers knew how to do research you would discover that YMCA has done studies in this matter they found that you can exhale back into your BC and keep rebreathing the same air 13 times or more without becoming overly hungry for fresh air. They also state bouyancy was affected. This is by far not a simple technique to employ. I believe the K.I.S.S. rule applies here.

Finally, the first post with any meat on it from your side of the argument in days.

How about a URL, so the masses can judge this information for themselves?

We've seen your best attempts at non-partisanship.

You say this technique is difficult, please explain why?

It seems to me that the mechanics are about 1/2 as complicated as orally inflating your BC, do you find that unusually difficult to do?

YMCA of the USA
SCUBA Program
101 N. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
(800) 872-9622
(312) 977-0894 fax

Ask for the Al Pierce article that appeared in 'undercurrent' sept, 1999. Is it me or am I the only one doing research for this thread?

I will only show you the door, you have to walk thru it.

Ed

blacknet once bubbled...

YMCA of the USA
SCUBA Program
101 N. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
(800) 872-9622
(312) 977-0894 fax

Ask for the Al Pierce article that appeared in 'undercurrent' sept, 1999. Is it me or am I the only one doing research for this thread?

If you didn't notice, you're the only one demanding research (and quoting what you apparently don't have), so it only seems appropriate you do it.

Especially since none is needed to begin with.

I will only show you the door, you have to walk thru it.

Ed

I'm through the door, while you're looking through manuals for directions how to open it. I guess the knob looks too complicated.

But don't worry, for people like you, it's securely bolted from the inside, anyway.

Are you going to explain why breathing your BC is so difficult?

Or did you miss that?

Got that list of DAN approved doctors yet?

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

Never give up.

An admiral response, and a fine attitude. For the purposes of our discussion, though, you're already dead.

So Mike did not go gentle into that good night. But do tell, share with us how you got there.

Popeye once bubbled...
I'm through the door, while you're looking through manuals for directions how to open it. I guess the knob looks too complicated.

Dude...you have to warn us before you post stuff like that....I almost lost some quality mt. dew to the wall.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

Never give up.

Finally some sense. That's exactly what Pop's is saying. He's not saying that this is a preferred method of any kind, but a last ditch effort at survival! The manuals go out the window and one does what one needs to survive. Even MHK says,
"My personal view on the subject is that I hope I'm never ever in a position where I need to rely on my BC for air, however just as a precaution we practice it all the time. "

They practice it all the time! Hmm.

Laser

Laser once bubbled...

Finally some sense. That's exactly what Pop's is saying. He's not saying that this is a preferred method of any kind, but a last ditch effort at survival! The manuals go out the window and one does what one needs to survive. Even MHK says,
"My personal view on the subject is that I hope I'm never ever in a position where I need to rely on my BC for air, however just as a precaution we practice it all the time. "

They practice it all the time! Hmm.

Laser

Oh, but wait, Laser, you're gonna love this.

Wait till you see what Mr. "is anybody doing any research" doesn't want you to see.

Talk about underhanded and spineless, here's what Blacknet has, but refuses to share:

Everybody interested google search "al pierce undercurrent".

But what the hey, that's been the overall tactics from his side of the argument to begin with.

And the caboose rockets off the prepice into the bottomless ravine...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom