Breathing off the BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Popeye once bubbled...

Everybody interested google search "al pierce undercurrent".

Classic.

"Even so, agencies refuse to teach this technique at any level. The key objection voiced by SSI, PADI, and even DAN seems to be the possibility of respiratory infection from bacteria inside the BC. However, BCs used for training can be disinfected with solutions readily available in dive shops. Or you can use benzalkonium chloride, which is available at drug stores under the brand name Zephiran chloride. Apparently the Coast Guard uses Listerine. Besides, why should you be concerned about a lung infection in an emergency? There are a helluva lot more cures for respiratory infections than there are for drowning."

Popeye once bubbled...

Oh, but wait, Laser, you're gonna love this.

Wait till you see what Mr. "is anybody doing any research" doesn't want you to see.

Talk about underhanded and spineless, here's what Blacknet has, but refuses to share:

But what the hey, that's been the overall tactics from his side of the argument to begin with.

That is just tooooo funny.

Popeye once bubbled...

And the caboose rockets off the prepice into the bottomless ravine...
And the funny thing is that no Crash was heard...only a strange soft whimpering sound.....LOL

Hello,

It's a shame that not a single on of you <deleted> could find it. I had to post it for you.

Ed

Popeye once bubbled...

Oh, but wait, Laser, you're gonna love this.

Wait till you see what Mr. "is anybody doing any research" doesn't want you to see.

Talk about underhanded and spineless, here's what Blacknet has, but refuses to share:

But what the hey, that's been the overall tactics from his side of the argument to begin with.

And the caboose rockets off the prepice into the bottomless ravine...

I guess I'm just failing to see the argument.
If the training that divers receive was the end all then no one would ever die diving.

blacknet once bubbled...
Hello,

It's a shame that not a single on of you <deleted> could find it. I had to post it for you.

Ed

I take offense to that, being an inbred idiot. I might have to have ya moderated.
I thought you fellas were classy?

blacknet once bubbled...
Hello,

Ed

No you didn't, you told me to call the YMCA, rather than be man enough to admit someone else might have a valid point of view.

What a petulant little boy.

"The only 'agenda' I see is an ill attempt at causing a scene, trying to be the problem child. A quote comes to mind “When I was a child I did childish things, when I grew up I put away those childish things” Does anyone see a relation here?"

Blacknet, who has become what he has beheld.

If you listen carefully, you'll hear a little crunching sound.

That's your credibility slamming into the floor of the Grand Canyon.

Wonder where the thread will be split this time?

NetDoc once bubbled...
While anything goes when you are in the midst of an OOA, my main point was that you never need to find yourself in that situation. Ever.

You refuse to accept the premise.
The **** already hit the fan with a vengence.............now what?
This never happens? Divers never drown??

At what point during an OOA emergency are you just screwed, and resigned to drowning?
I answered this before: The point is when YOU STOPPED paying attention to your situation. You may not know it yet, but your lack of perceiving what is happening (like your air and your buddy's air) is probably the point of no return. You might possibly make a dramatic comeback, but your death was the result of your own decision. Saying that, I also agree with Mike F... NEVER GIVE UP!

You refuse to accept the premise.
That's right. I do; it's NOT inevietable. You have complete control over this. Divers drown because they choose to. It may not be a conscious decision(s), but their choices still determine whether they live or die. You don't run out of gas in your car because you were paying too much attention to the gauge. Running out of air shows a complete failure on the part of the diver and is not acceptable. Running out of buddy is just as bad. Running out of both is just farm animal stupid. Me? I choose to live and dive by avoiding the OOA situation.

I am truly sorry that this "attitude" makes you so angry. I don't know how to paint the picture any more graphically. I have had my fill of sucking down tanks to nothing... I choose to live!

Where's the 30 or so replies slinging mud about Windwalker mentioning a dolphin but posting a picture of an Orca? :)

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom