breast feeding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's frustrating to deal with antiquated ideas WasWild. Too bad.

I agree Diver Dennis. As you can see, I edited my post (the one prior to yours). My kids are grown, so maybe life will be different for them when they have children.

WasWild:
Sorry El Orans,

Well, I suppose it is a topic that will be guaranteed to cause controversy in any forum for years to come. It may not be an issue in the Netherlands, but every so often there are actual legal battles over this topic in the US. Can you imagine that? Court cases and police arrests over the feeding of one's young?
Hmm, me thinks there's a slight misunderstanding. The discussion I was referring to had more to do with silicone than with feeding babies. That original post has been removed.

Heck we can't even "talk" about this subject on a forum without somebody complaining. I think there isn't much hope for the future.

Remember, 50 years ago, this conversation probably would not have taken place. But thanks to formula and an ultra PC society, we are having this discussion.

Another question to the experienced, I've asked a few friends of mine about breast pumps, these friends said its painful.

However, painful as it is, after a long day of breast feeding, changing diapers and the husband being at work and having his moments of silence, isn't it better that when he gets home the mother can go to sleep and leave this work to him? at least give her a few hours of decent sleep?

I'm unexperienced, but would like kids one day and just want to know what should I expect, what do women here expect from their husbands/significant others?

For the men here, I know its hard to stay up after a long day at work, do you help your wifes? if they ask for those few hours of sleep while you take care of the little one, how much can you really do?

I used the Medela breast pump and it wasn't at all painful. As for the husband kicking in to help, it's always appreciated. However, when my children were very young, my husband worked very hard and we both chose for me to be a stay at home mom. That was a 24/7/365 job and he was not expected to get up with the baby.

Feeding was my job and hubby did bath and bedtime for both of our boys. In fact, our ten year old son still insists that Dad come in and kiss him goodnight, so I don't think there were any bonding issues.

As for my expectations on my husband, I asked him to change a few diapers and when I was really tired, he sometimes would bring me the baby at feeding time. Having gone through it twice, I'll have to say that we were both so tired that the first 4 years of having kids was kind of a blur.

Believe me, when you have one child puking on the other, both kids sobbing and covered in vomit, and the dog standing by to clean it all up, you both tend to pitch in, just so you can get back for another measly hour or two of sleep. One parent can run the tub and get the kids cleaned up and put back to bed (usually Mom's job in my house) while the other parent strips the bed, lets the dog out, and cleans up the mess.

My hubby is the BEST!

i feel like i am receiving hidden codes, subtle messages.. what is it? where is
it coming from?

CHICKS DIG H2ANDY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom