Brazos River Flooding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Willie

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just posted a video taken at short distance from my house yesterday. I estimate it crested about 18' above normal. I have some video from my back yard as well, but havent edited it yet.

If you have problems with the video, just click on the email link on the webpage and I will try and help you out.

Willie

TwoBitTxn:
Can't get it to work. All I get is the quicktime Q.
Did you download and install the latest Quicktime? I guess I should have put that on the webpage. Here is the link.
It is a free download. You can just unclick the check boxes and you dont have to put in an email address.

Willie

Good video Willie.

My brother told me they failed to put some slack in the lines that hold the floating restraunt down town and the bow is being held under the rising water.

Get a pick of that one if you get a chance...

Thanks,
Joe

joetex0777:
Good video Willie.

My brother told me they failed to put some slack in the lines that hold the floating restraunt down town and the bow is being held under the rising water.

Get a pick of that one if you get a chance...
The water is already down most of the way. The 'Brazos Queen' has two floors and on TV I saw video of it from the top of the staircase on the second floor. The water was almost to the ceiling of the first floor. I will try to get out and post some pictures of the aftermath, but it is not nearly as impressive as the crest.

Willie

That sucks! All that water is headed for me, but is not expected to reach flood stage....just 14' above full bank.

What!?!?! No drift diving? And you call yourself a diver! :D

I am in the process of uploading another video of the Brazos flooding. My link is slow right now for some reason. It should be available by 2:30 am CDT.This video is from behind my house and my neighbors house. My neighbors boat is in the boat house.

I did get my wetsuit on and swim out to the boat house when the water got low enough to check out the boat for him. Just for grins, I took my 10w light and put it in the water, after it was about 3" in the water, you couldnt see it at all. The water looked like chocolate milk.

Feel free to forward the link if you want and let me know if you have problems.

Willie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom