Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get a crotch strap. I wouldn’t dive my BP/W without one.
I have a crotch strap made, it’s not installed. I’ve heard of people that agree with you, and other people who say they scratched the crotch strap and are happy about it.

My wife says she thinks no, but I made one anyway, just in case the need arises, or she changes her mind. It will probably get thrown in the dive bag.

Where did you get the purple webbing??? I want!!

Amazon - Strapworks

If you look close you can tell that it is doubled in some places, across the shoulders and through the triglides on the chest D-ring there is an extra layer, just because the webbing is a little soft for this use. It sure is comfortable though!

I think strap works makes this webbing in a stiffer variant, but you’ll have to read the product descriptions closely and sort out which one you want.

Amazon - Strapworks

If you look close you can tell that it is doubled in some places, across the shoulders and through the triglides on the chest D-ring there is an extra layer, just because the webbing is a little soft for this use. It sure is comfortable though!

I think strap works makes this webbing in a stiffer variant, but you’ll have to read the product descriptions closely and sort out which one you want.
My wife tried the same. The webbing slid through the shoulders and nothing stopped it. We used the heavy variant too. So far we have not found a satisfactory purple. Please keep inquiring minds informed if you find a solution. Please try it in the pool before taking it on a multi-million dollar "once in a lifetime" dive vacation.

Being a girl... I can tell you... Get the crotch strap. It looks like its going to be uncomfortable, but it will be the thing that keeps the bc from riding up under her arms. With a crotchstrap she can keep the shoulderstraps comfy loose, and use the waist/crotchstraps to keep the thing where it is supposed to be. (I have a halcyon bpw, and dive it without comfyaddons in both frigid norwegian waters, and in 30 degrees bathtubbikinistylewaters.

I think all of the comfort add-ons defeat the whole "lightweight" thing, but as long as she's happy with it, that's what's important.

I'll also echo the crotch strap, don't let he say "it's fine" until she's tried it. She may just not know what she's missing.

Let her dive it buuut, when she complains of it riding up, then add the crotch strap. She will love the purple strap buuuut, it will be harder to put on and take off because the strap will twist and won’t hold it’s shape enough to form a nice curve to slip your arm through aaaaaaaand it won’t stay adjusted as Wookiee mentioned. Been there. She uses a proper webbing and softer crotch strap now but it takes what it takes to get there.

Purple gear bag and purple wetsuit will help. I also made my wife happy with a purple mailbox, a purple composter, purple polka dots on her car and purple wheels on our tractor. Purple spray paint is your friend.

Back
Top Bottom