BP/Wing for small female 5'0"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDRINK25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking to get my wife a BP/wing setup for xmas. she is 5' nothing and we normally do warm water diving. She is currently diving a Mares BC and it is an XXS. What would be a good combo for her? Thanks!

Deep Sea Supply also makes a small plate as well as Hollis I think, though not 100% sure. Highly suggest you buy the package deal though.

Bit of warning about Tobin though, he comes off gruff but not rude or such (at least when I talked with him).

As an added bonus great Customer Service.

The small Halcyon plate is lovely, with the shoulder slots set a little closer together so they won't slide off a small woman's shoulders. But be aware that the plate has no camband slots, so if your wife is diving a single tank, she will HAVE to use an STA with that plate.

The small Deep Sea Supply plate requires no STA, but I have to cross the shoulders straps to keep them in place on me.

Anyone know the weight of the small Freedom Contour?

Anyone know the weight of the small Freedom Contour?
It's 3 lbs.
It's 14" tall and 9" wide at the base.
The Oxy 18 lb. Mach V with the small Contour is a marriage made in heaven.
No STA, no added or bolted on parts, super simple.

It would offset the lightness of an aluminum 80 just right.

No question, Freedom Plate and an Oxycheq 18 Lb wing.

Perhaps a bigger question is: Is she onboard with the idea of changing from a poodle jacket to a wing? Just because it is better does not mean she will think it is... right away anyway. Pay close attention to her color preferences and sense of aesthetics if you hope to have your gift well received.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom