BP/Wing as your first BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In fact I suspect that based on sales the Jacket style BC is probably the overwhelmingly preferred choice among divers.

Faulty premise: Jacket BC's may make up the largest number of BC's sold, but I would suspect that +90% of divers are never actually given the "choice" of a BP/W.

While, especially in this forum, BP/W rigs are vigourously advocated; in fact they are not always the best solution for a specific diver.

So, as I posted earlier and as said in the second part of this post the best thing to do if you have the opportunity is to test dive several rigs. Then, and only then, pick the one that suits you best. That may be a jacket, a TransPac or its' cousins, or a BP/W with one of the harness styles.
Huh, its almost like you didn't read what I wrote:

... If you have access to a store with both, see if you can't demo both types and decide for yourself.
I was suggesting he try all the available types for himself.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom