BP/W is just a tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have read many of your posts Tobin, and I have appreciated all of what I have read until a few days ago. I found your recent posts on this thread to be surprisingly harsh and non-conducive to fruitful discussions.

What, exactly, have I posted that's been "too harsh" in your opinion?

Tobin

Kent
You opened a can of worms, when we going diving? I wont tell which set-up you use!

One style has limited functionality and significantly more drag, the other not...

Funny how every time I watch those oceanic documentaries about sharks, fish, reef, ad infinitum, most of these photographer/videographer divers use the poodle jackets yet they moved effortlessly through the water while handling these ungainly devices and capturing great shots of marine life.

Sounds like it's an operator's issue than an equipment's issue.

The poor diver will always blame his/her equipment.

OK. So what is your definition on an "expert" diver?

1. They don't read Scubaboard postings.
2. They don't have technical diving trainings unlike those with 20-dives who took Fundies.
3. They don't use BPW.
4. They don't use long hose/short hose.
5. They don't use turtle fins.

As a businessman I attempt to emulate the experts in my field. In overwhelming fashion, BP/Wings are the selection of the best scuba divers in the world. This is why I have two in my gear locker...

Woo-hoo!!! I'm one of the best scuba divers in the world because I also have two BPW sets in my gear stash.:rofl3:

So is Frank still with us? From how you described him, he'd be at the top of anyones list!

Tony Grogan featured him in Spearfishing magazine a couple years. Haven't heard much otherwise except that one of my buddies bought some tanks from Frank's son a while back. I am sure I would heard something if things had changed.

Frank's got a big red S on his chest BTW.

Something about Frank's hunting Dan Volker did not mention...he free shafted. He had to hit and kill or disable the fish or lose his shaft.

Frank was my open water instructor. On every one of our checkout dives, he carried that big Palm Beach Rifle. It was so much a part of him, that it was "ditchable ballast" (his words).

Here's an article featuring Frank from Dan V's mag (from which I lifted my signature:D).

http://www.sfdj.com/dive/deep.html

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom