bp/w harness type and time of use

Since using a bp/w what system choices applies to you (min 30 dives in bp/w)?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

on_two_wheels

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Another thread got me wondering...how many have switched either to or from a comfort harness. Some say many people eventually get rid of their's (like I did). Others say that they use their harness deep into very advanced diving.

I have always used plain webbing as it is cheap. Dived a number of rigs with comfort harnesses with quick releases and find them easier to get off and on, but still prefer plain webbing.

I bought a comfort harness with my first BP&W. I dived with it only twice (on a twinset familiarization course) before putting it on Ebay.

It was a costly mistake.

Every dive since then.... single tank and twinset...teaching courses... fun diving... has all been with a single-piece harness.

Well, given this debate in a previous thread, we already have 15 votes and no one has kept their comfort harness and most stick with webbing to start with. I suspected this would support those of us that had suggested webbing was the way to go.....and so far it has.

I like my Dive Rite Deluxe Harness with the chest strap. I started out with the webbing harness and didn't like doing the chicken wing doff and donn

I dove with a plain harness for 11 years without problems, decided to try (and switched to) a Diverite Transplate harness a couple of years ago...it is great and for me and is better than a plain harness even for mix dives, when most of my diving is out of an inflatable. It is comfortable and much easier to get on and off in the water than the plain harness that I had.
Cheers,
Norman H.

I started with a TransPlate, which uses the same harness as a TransPac, but with a metal backplate. I liked it a lot, but switched to standard webbing when I signed up for my DIR-Fundamentals class.

Haven't missed it since.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

For me they both felt the same underwater, it was on the surface that the webbing pinched alittle. I have to say the webbing was from DSS and is VERY stiff and that may have been the reason I switched to a comfort harness.

I like my Dive Rite Transplate harness and Halcyon Cinch system, and I don't plan on changing them out for anything else any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom