Boynton area dive boat recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m not super familiar with the Boynton reefs but Lynn’s has a sort of hook on the north end that they may be calling an amphitheater. I can’t remember what it looks like under water since it’s been some time since Ive dove Lynn’s. The images attached show this hook.

The first image is from the Palm Beach Reef Smart Guide book. The second is a relief shading rendering from the Navionics app.
awesome photos, thank you! its a good theory, makes sense to me.

I need to pick up that palm beach reef smart book. i have the bonaire one and the ft lauderdale one, both are really great

I’m not super familiar with the Boynton reefs but Lynn’s has a sort of hook on the north end that they may be calling an amphitheater. I can’t remember what it looks like under water since it’s been some time since Ive dove Lynn’s. The images attached show this hook.

The first image is from the Palm Beach Reef Smart Guide book. The second is a relief shading rendering from the Navionics app.
I've not dived Lynn's Reef to the end in the north for a long time, since the end of Underwater Explorers. I think it ends on the west rather on the east. I remember doing the finger to the jump to the small western island. The hook goes out east to the 75, then past the end of the reef to the larger eastern island. There is a spot on the eastern tip of the large island that I think is known as the amphitheater. This wouldn't be what is being discussed here.

Saw there was a thread for boats between WPB and Jupiter which is great, but I didn't find one on boats around Boynton Bch
When I was diving 10 years ago I had good dives with Starfish Enterprise, Underwater Explorers and Splashdown Divers.
Sadly, Underwater Explorers is apparently closed.
Starfish is under new ownership but their ratings are great.
Splashdown is still there with decent reviews.

Any other boats in the area I should know about?

Thanks in advance
I used Splashdown years ago and they were very good. Very professional as well.

Saw there was a thread for boats between WPB and Jupiter which is great, but I didn't find one on boats around Boynton Bch
When I was diving 10 years ago I had good dives with Starfish Enterprise, Underwater Explorers and Splashdown Divers.
Sadly, Underwater Explorers is apparently closed.
Starfish is under new ownership but their ratings are great.
Splashdown is still there with decent reviews.

Any other boats in the area I should know about?

Thanks in advance
if you are still looking for info, you can check out Boynton Inlet also called South Lake Worth Inlet. There are few LDS that were recommended to me: Palm Beach Scuba, Force-E Dive Center, Starfish.

if you are still looking for info, you can check out Boynton Inlet also called South Lake Worth Inlet. There are few LDS that were recommended to me: Palm Beach Scuba, Force-E Dive Center, Starfish.
I believe Palm Beach Scuba is in Palm Beach :) , Force-E has no boats, they contract, Starfish has been mentioned above. There are 4 boats out of Boynton Harbor Marina that go out of the Boynton Inlet.

I did dive Scubatyme once since I wrote the above

I believe Palm Beach Scuba is in Palm Beach :) , Force-E has no boats, they contract, Starfish has been mentioned above. There are 4 boats out of Boynton Harbor Marina that go out of the Boynton Inlet.
thank you for the update and clarification.

Thanks for all the replies.

I've actually been diving Boynton a lot lately with Starfish and Splashdown, both great operations.
Splashdown typically has trips departing at 8:30am and 1:30am and Starfish does one at 10am, so its great to have a choice.
They both tend to fill up fast, though.

The reefs there are glorious with 10'+ high ledges with healthy growth and plenty of fish.
They don't seem to do wrecks which I imagine are harder to do up that way with the stronger current.
Scubatyme does have wrecks on their schedule sometimes, but I haven't dove with them yet.

Thanks for all the replies.

I've actually been diving Boynton a lot lately with Starfish and Splashdown, both great operations.
Splashdown typically has trips departing at 8:30am and 1:30am and Starfish does one at 10am, so its great to have a choice.
They both tend to fill up fast, though.

The reefs there are glorious with 10'+ high ledges with healthy growth and plenty of fish.
They don't seem to do wrecks which I imagine are harder to do up that way with the stronger current.
Scubatyme does have wrecks on their schedule sometimes, but I haven't dove with them yet.
Any of the local operators mentioned provide guides in the water?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom