Boycott Boca Dive!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I seriously doubt there would be any legal trouble. It's not like there is a big witch hunt for game law violaters.
The picture that he posted is not likely to bring any kind of conviction.
Do you really think there is a DA in Florida that would consider the picture of the obviously speared nurse shark a "gotcha" photo?
I didn't think so either.

Exactly my point.

If what most speculate here is true, and he now realizes the error of his ways, admitting publicly that he committed a crime would be just more stupid on top of stupid. Most people would avoid self incriminating, and possibly bring onto themselves legal trouble.

I seriously doubt there would be any legal trouble. It's not like there is a big witch hunt for game law violaters.
The picture that he posted is not likely to bring any kind of conviction.
Do you really think there is a DA in Florida that would consider the picture of the obviously speared nurse shark a "gotcha" photo?
I didn't think so either.

Exactly my point.

So your point is contradicting your previous post? I always enjoy it when someone makes the "bullet in the foot" argument.:shakehead:

So your point is contradicting your previous post? I always enjoy it when someone makes the "bullet in the foot" argument.:shakehead:

That wasn't one. He was saying that by keeping silent and not professing remorse, he is not admitting wrongdoing. If he keeps his mouth shut, it is unlikely that he would be prosecuted from a picture....... :cool2:

That wasn't one. He was saying that by keeping silent and not professing remorse, he is not admitting wrongdoing. If he keeps his mouth shut, it is unlikely that he would be prosecuted from a picture....... :cool2:

Again.... do you really think that there is sufficient evidence that the Boca dive shop owner would be prosecuted because of a picture that was temporarily placed on his website?

I do agree with you, stupid should be painful.

It incident has caused a rukus on many boards and blogs without a responce from the owner. BS? How so?

Well by golly gee whiz we know how accurate everything is on the internet and how valuable internet opinions are. Why should they respond?

Well by golly gee whiz we know how accurate everything is on the Internet and how valuable Internet opinions are. Why should they respond?

ScubaBoard is a powerful voice in most diving communities and is monitored by most LDS's and charter operations. Most regulars on the board are very careful not to prematurely indite a shop or operation without collecting much information on the situation as careless speculation could have a material negative impact on their businesses.

In most instances, shop owner's/charter operators will respond with their account of the situation which very often contradicts the initial information received and is often accepted as fact over third party accounts. IMO the LDS's absence on this matter is very telling...

Thanks :cool2:...I didn't think my point was that convoluted.

Wow, I wonder how it is that none of you geniuses attacking Dee ever thought of "probable cause"? Picture of an illegal act on a website, witnessed by thousands of people . . . I'm pretty sure the Florida LE could find a judge to issue a search warrant for other illegal fishing, based on that little fact. :popcorn:

ScubaBoard is a powerful voice in most diving communities and is monitored by most LDS's and charter operations.

LOL ok if you say so. Not by any place I've worked for or by any dive shop or charter operation I know.

I've warned hundreds of students that they'd get more bad information here in one day than they possibly could in a lifetime of diving.

It's the internet kids, it's full of hysterical people who make stuff up. This forum has some great posters and I've enjoyed their posts but honestly when I read a thread like this it makes me want to go directly to that charter and book a few dives.

I love SB. I'm pretty sure that whenever I see an interesting but controversial thread, with more than 10 pages of posts, they almost always end with people insulting each other and making fun of grammar and spelling. It really doesn't matter what the thread is about. They all end the same. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom