Bought mask online, it broke...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juls64

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I bought a Mares mask online at DiveInn. I've only had it for a couple of months. How do I go about getting it repaired/replaced? Do I find an authorized Mares dealer/LDS or do I send it back to DiveInn?

Thanks for any help!:confused:

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with their service. If it is the ESA, I've heard of a number of problems with that design. But I've had no problem with mine in 4 years.

I'd give DiveInn a call....If their customer service is any good at all, they'll replace it! You've only had it a couple months you say....but how many times have you used it? 5 or 6? or 50-60?!?

Cheers!

Contact Mares directly and ask them, or find a Mares dealer in your local area. If the mask is the ESA, I'd venture to guess that the frame began cracking. This is a known problem with the mask, and I know a couple people that have had them for years and Mares just sends 'em a new one if theirs starts cracking. From what I'm told, they can look really bad long before they ever start leaking. I have had one for about 6 months, and no problems yet.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom