Boston shop that fills Nitrox and Argon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

King Kong Matt

Contributor
Reaction score
I know lots of places fill Nitrox, but finding one that fills both Nitrox and Argon seems to be a bit more difficult to find.

Coming from Southie so bonus points for being close to the city...

I don't know of any, and as far as I know only 1 shop close to Boston fills nitrox. Up towards cape anne, sure they have nitrox, but close to the city, not so much.

Where do you get nitrox fills? Maybe Steve at atlantic divers has argon. I know he pumps nitrox, but last time I dove with him he was filling his drysuit with plain old air, so I doubt he has argon. I know you can get argon on the cape from the dive locker, but the guy that runs that place is a jerk, so I won't give him my money. Not to mention that his classes are an accident waiting to happen.

I'm not sure about argon but I am pretty sure UnitedDivers in Somerville fills nitrox

Long time no see Matt!

I'm not sure about the argon, but I know South Shore Divers in Weymouth recently started filling He and (maybe) O2, in addition to banked nitrox. If anyone local has Ar, it's probably Al. You might give them a call.

Matt, if you have space at your place, just get a bottle of argon and transfill it yourself. You can make a hand booster for less than $100 (see the Oxyhacker's book) since it won't need to be O2 clean. We gave up trying to find a shop to fill Ar. That, or just dive air for the DS (if you aren't flushing the suit with Ar, it won't matter anyway).

I believe Al is in the processing of getting Argon. There is so much stuff out there about air verus argon for inflation that I think many shops are not super motivated to set up for Ar.

Please everyone encourage Al to start filling 100% O2! He already has a very nice set up for TRIMIX, but it would great it he starting fill oxygen.

Several years ago I used to get Ar from Wayne at Divers Market, but I haven't been to the shop in years. I remember they filled an Al 80 (for suit flushes) for me pretty fast, so I think they have/had a nice system.

I would say unless you are diving trimix, you might as well just fill your suit with air or nitrox. It will save you the hassle of trying to get an argon fill and save you money too. If you are diving trimix, then I see the benefit.

I believe Al is in the processing of getting Argon. There is so much stuff out there about air verus argon for inflation that I think many shops are not super motivated to set up for Ar.

Please everyone encourage Al to start filling 100% O2! He already has a very nice set up for TRIMIX, but it would great it he starting fill oxygen.

Several years ago I used to get Ar from Wayne at Divers Market, but I haven't been to the shop in years. I remember they filled an Al 80 (for suit flushes) for me pretty fast, so I think they have/had a nice system.

If he's selling 'MIX, what's he selling for deco gas if not 100%???????:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom