Borthers Islands, Daedalus, Elfinstone : marvelous Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great stuff I am a few pieces of info away from pulling the trigger on an Emperor Divers trip to B/D/E June 18-25... anyone else want to join?

Very nice & also very lucky!

I did the same itineray 2 weeks ago (November 13th - November 20th) with blue-o-two's Blue Melody & the wind was so strong we never made it to Borthers Islands, Daedalus or Elfinstone.

Very nice & also very lucky!

I did the same itineray 2 weeks ago (November 13th - November 20th) with blue-o-two's Blue Melody & the wind was so strong we never made it to Borthers Islands, Daedalus or Elfinstone.
Yes, we've been very lucky this time. The wind came back the last day( the 13th of Nov) and then you were beginning your trip.
I was thinking to you and all the divers supposed to go to the Brothers wondering if it would be possible to cross with such a rough sea.
The first time we went : 5 years ago, it was much more windy and shoppy but we went to the islands. The trouble was that one of the 2 inflatable boat was broken.

I'm sorry that you've been so unlucky and I can understand how disturbing it can be for you to read my small report.
Don't forget the awfull **** smell we had to support during this week !:)

Nice with the longimanus. You should contact Dr Elke with those photos for her longimanus research project. Check out LONGIMANUS PROJECT - RED SEA for more info.
Good idea, thank you.

Last edited:
Wonderful shots Erwan !!!

I'm not a big fan of the colours in the first one (though the compo is excellent) but then on it get awesome.

I particularly like the wide angle shots (great colour and excellent light !!), your napoleon pics and some of the macro/wide angle shots such as the hawkfidh or the moray eel.

The flutemouth picture is excellent, very graphic and original, and your hammerhead pictures are more than decent, expecially the first one which is very nice.

Congratulations and thanks fos sharing !!

Thanks for sharing your photos!

We did a week in October on the MV Tala, with Red Sea Explorers. We did a more northern itinerary, although it included the Brothers. I would recommend that boat and dive op without reservations. We had a wonderful time.

Back
Top Bottom