Borrowing Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know what its like to borrow, and to all of you saying bite the bullet, well thats what my drysuit did to me, and now my old fins don't work, so I need new fins... but I'm not biting the bullet on that one just yet... (that's right, no cash and the VISA's maxed).

Now, I only borrow equipment (aka fins) when I know a person is not going to be using them (such as when a buddy went to a wedding, or going to DEMA this weekend :D). I also only borrow for a day, a weekend at the most. Everyone I know dives fairly regularly, and I know once I get my fins I won't want to be without them for a week or so!

Hope this helps with your decision...

From the loaners perspective? Loaning little things like a light or fin strap is one thing. Loaning a piece of life support equipment is another. Are there liability issues? If something major happens, who is responsible?

From an Instructors standpoint, with all the crazy lawsuits happening around the country, I have to think twice about giving even simple advice to someone on a dive boat. Loan life support equipment to someone? I don't think so. :boom:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom