Bonaire's New Police Chief

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley

Tommy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
From the Bonaire Reporter - April 5, 2006

The police reported that a robbery at Windsock Apartments has been
solved
. Arrested were two watchmen from the “Wowo di Bario” security
organization who were supposed to be guarding the building. Recovered were two
laptop computers and a video camera. Police also detained the buyer of the stolen
goods.

Over the last two weeks the police have
solved 34 cases of thefts from automobiles parked at dive sites and foiled a plan to hold up Richard’s Restaurant. Eight persons were arrested, including three girls. The ages of those arrested ranged from 10 (!) years old to 20, with the majority being teenagers. The prime suspect is also suspected of intimate relations with a 13-year-old girl and is being kept in jail.

Wonder if the older guy with the 13 year old girl knows the HomeLandSecurity guy?

Good news Tom, now if they will just fry them to set an example. Looks like the new chief is doing his job.

Yes, this is really good news. Hopefully its not just a show to keep people coming. 10 year old? Wow and sad at the same time!

10 year olds make great thiefs. Who would suspect them.

I know from working in retail for years. The adults keep watch - the kids steal.

DD

Im heading there tommorow for two weeks!
If I see the new Chief I will give him a big thumbs up!
It would be so easy to set up a sting operation...?I hope this curtails further incidents!

This is very good news indeed!
I'd bet the entire thieving population on the Island is less than two dozen, so in my mind this is a substantial dent in the problem.
Rick

Drewpy:
Im heading there tommorow for two weeks!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick Murchison:
This is very good news indeed!
I'd bet the entire thieving population on the Island is less than two dozen, so in my mind this is a substantial dent in the problem.
Rick
I bet you are right. Such a small population to have so much crime. Great news. We will be there in May for 8 days for the first time. Can't wait!

Drewpy:
It would be so easy to set up a sting operation...?!

One shore dive site parking lot, one hilltop, one scoped rifle, one bullet.

End of problem. Forever. Okay, maybe it would take two of each before the message got around.

Simple.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom