Bonaire Trip 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But..on a high note I just talked to Mike on the phone a few minutes ago and he is joining us on the Bonaire trip. Welcome Mike you passed the phone test! :winky:

El Orans:
Bulletin (May 12, 2005)– Air Jamaica announced today that it will cut, then suspend, service to/from Bonaire, (BON-MBJ). Concurrently, American Eagle will change its schedule to fly daily from San Juan beginning in July through September. The airline reservation system will reflect the change on May 17th.

Air Jamaica will stop Bonaire service in two phases:
■ Phase I – JM flights 66/67 operating Wed., Thurs., and Sun. suspended as of Monday, June 27, 2005. Saturday flights continue.
■ Phase II – All JM service to/from Bonaire suspended as of August 28, 2005.

Air Jamaica customer service representatives are to contact passengers holding reservations to/from Bonaire during the affected periods.

I hope American Eagle or another airline will pickup the slack. Currently all American airlines flights from my area "Tampa or surrounding aiports" go to SAN JAUN PR. It also arrives at 8:00 PM , if this ends up my best choice we will proably go 1 day early. I'm also hoping we get some better rates or more flights later this summer. I guess only time will tell.

cardzard:
It also arrives at 8:00 PM , if this ends up my best choice we will proably go 1 day early.
See you at the pool then. We're already there on friday morning. :D

Laurens

I'm on Continental for Saturday and will not get in until 10PM! Yikes..but it was a miles award ticket..so not much choice. :)

I still haven't looked at flights too deeply but i'll probably try to head in sometime Saturday as well. If I cant fly on a buddy pass from Northwest. American Airlines seems to be about $711.00 but it will probably go down hopefully next month

-Mike

Natasha:
I'm on Continental for Saturday and will not get in until 10PM! Yikes..but it was a miles award ticket..so not much choice. :)

macado:
I still haven't looked at flights too deeply but i'll probably try to head in sometime Saturday as well. If I cant fly on a buddy pass from Northwest. American Airlines seems to be about $711.00 but it will probably go down hopefully next month

-Mike

In light of the recent news about Air Jamaica stopping service to Bonaire, I just bit the bullet and booked a flight on American Airlines for $799 ($734 + $65 tax) round trip from DFW. I'll get in at 7:58pm on Sept. 24, and depart at 8:00am Oct 1. No diving at all on Friday for me. :mad1:

Decided to go ahead and book our flight ... we'll be heading down from Seattle on the red-eye to Dallas/Fort Worth, then to San Juan, then to Bonaire ... arriving Saturday evening about 8 PM.

After looking at all the options and realizing we'll have to overnight somewhere, we decided to just stay in Bonaire Saturday night (Oct. 01) ... at least that way I get to dive on Friday. We'll fly out at 8 AM on Sunday to San Juan, NYC, and back to Seattle ... arriving home Sunday night around 9 PM.

Looking forward to meeting a whole bunch of fellow SB'ers in Bonaire ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
After looking at all the options and realizing we'll have to overnight somewhere, we decided to just stay in Bonaire Saturday night (Oct. 01) ... at least that way I get to dive on Friday.
Yep, our flight also leaves on Sunday (14:00) so we can dive all Friday and get to sleep late on Sunday as well. :wink:

Laurens

Looks like the only way I'm going to get a flight, is to spend two nights in Miami. One on the way down, and one on the way back.

I'll keep looking, but it doesn't look good.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom