Bonaire Trip 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pt40fathoms:
the cost is $1281.00 going though Miami and it looks like about $1725.00 via Houston/Aruba, not including the one night stays. (prices in Canadian Dollars)

"...or, $10 of your American dollars." :wink:
(with appologies to Dan Aykroid)

Natasha:
Wow! It's that much more? The Houston/ Aruba part was 550.00 RT when I booked it. And the Aruba /Bonaire part is 200.00 RT I just bought it yesterday.
OK well. Glad you're booked and done.

My obscure "Canadian Bacon" references aside (previous post), the round trip from IAH to AUA is still the $550 you mention, but I'm guessing that the major price difference pt40fathoms was seeing is probably because of the price difference in flights from YWG to different locations here in the US of A. At any rate, the puddle hopper flights from Aruba add enough cost to where one might as well fly on American straight to Bonaire, so that's why I ended up going that route.

Anyway, hopefully most of the folks signed up have their tix at this point.

:scubadive

Banjdrovsky is almost correct, the Canadian Dollar has been climbing in recent months, so the US price would be $11.25 instead of $10.00 with todays exchange rates..... :wink:

The prices I quoted were from YWG-HOU-AUA-BON $1725.00, and YWG-MIA-BON $1281.00. Not included are the stops to change planes in the listing. It just seems cheaper to go to Miami than to Houston for some strange reason? The Houston to Aruba cost I was quoted was $689.00 CDN, and after you apply the exchange rate, it come out to about $550.00 US.

PT..OK makes sense. I beleive everyone has bought their air now.

Anyone new reading this..we still have 4 rooms available!

As requested..:winky:

Please send deposits to and Make checks out to:

Coast to Coast Travel
133 N Friendswood Drive
Suite 308
Friendswood, Texas

Having made my first dive of the season back in NY, I am so ready for another Bonaire trip!!! LOL I don't know where the fish were as I did my first beach dive - probably waiting for an Air Jamaica flight back from Bonaire after visiting their distant relatives :wink:

Far_X:
Having made my first dive of the season back in NY, I am so ready for another Bonaire trip!!! LOL I don't know where the fish were as I did my first beach dive - probably waiting for an Air Jamaica flight back from Bonaire after visiting their distant relatives :wink:

Hah... I should send my greetings to all the Bonaire divers from Munich, Germany where I just polished off a couple of big (and I mean BIG as in 1 liter) beers at the Hoffbrauhaus. Yes, that's how desparate I am for some diving... even though I'm currently trekking across central Europe, my mind is in the Caribbean beneath the waves, and I'm checking in on ScubaBoard from my hotel room in the lovely (but currently rainy) Munich.

Less than 4 months to go now. :D

bnajdrovsky:
Hah... I should send my greetings to all the Bonaire divers from Munich, Germany where I just polished off a couple of big (and I mean BIG as in 1 liter) beers at the Hoffbrauhaus. Yes, that's how desparate I am for some diving... even though I'm currently trekking across central Europe, my mind is in the Caribbean beneath the waves, and I'm checking in on ScubaBoard from my hotel room in the lovely (but currently rainy) Munich.

Less than 4 months to go now. :D

You could always nip up to the North Sea if you can get yourself away from those litre glasses. I have heard it is similar to the waters around Bonaire during winter :wink: I used to swim in the North Sea as a kid and I just got back from Bonaire at the end of last month and definitely could see the similarities...lol. Oh, talking of beer, they sell the smallest cans of beer I have ever seen in Bonaire (or was it Aruba as we waited the five hours for our connection?)!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom