Bonaire Trip 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pt40fathoms:
Looks like the only way I'm going to get a flight, is to spend two nights in Miami. One on the way down, and one on the way back.

I'll keep looking, but it doesn't look good.....

PT two nights in Miami isn't that bad. :winky:

Is there anyway you can get to Houston for a 1:30PM flight on the 24th? That would mean no overnight on the way down, just one in Aruba with me. :)

I just checked, I can get American from JFK and arrive by 8pm on the same day. Can't use miles otherwise I am flying out on 26th and leaving on the 2nd!!!

FarX I believe Bob will also be on that flight with you out of JFK.

Far_X:
Can't use miles otherwise I am flying out on 26th and leaving on the 2nd!!!

Yep, trying to use the miles, that was my experience as well, 'cept AA told me 20th and 27th. I'm now $800 lighter, but I have my ticket. :thumb:

pt40fathoms:
Looks like the only way I'm going to get a flight, is to spend two nights in Miami. One on the way down, and one on the way back.

I'll keep looking, but it doesn't look good.....

PT is your airport code YWG?

Natasha:
PT two nights in Miami isn't that bad. :winky:

Is there anyway you can get to Houston for a 1:30PM flight on the 24th? That would mean no overnight on the way down, just one in Aruba with me. :)

All flights to Miami or Houston arrive after 1pm, too short a time to change planes for an international flight leaving 30 minutes later.

I spent about 4 hours checking out every possible combination of flights, and have resigned to having a one night stay on the way down and back in Miami. So, I booked the flights, leaving Winnipeg (YWG) for Miami on the 23th, leaving Miami on the 24th for Bonaire. Departing Bonaire on the Oct 1 with an overnight stay in Miami then onto home on the 2nd of Oct.

Total flight costs including taxes and fees $643.27 for the YWG-MIA return, $638.40 for the MIA-BON return. (Canadian Dollars)

Hotel room will cost C$116.00 per night in Miami.

At least I'm booked and have that out of the way........

PT:
I found air for you, on Northwest to MSP to IAH (Houston) getting in at noon. That would hook up to the 1:30 PM flight. The 1:30 flight goes to Aruba. Check out flights to Aruba. From Aruba to Bon RT is 200.00 US.

Natasha:
PT:
I found air for you, on Northwest to MSP to IAH (Houston) getting in at noon. That would hook up to the 1:30 PM flight. The 1:30 flight goes to Aruba. Check out flights to Aruba. From Aruba to Bon RT is 200.00 US.
I'd love to stay in Aruba for a night rather than Miami, but the cost is $1281.00 going though Miami and it looks like about $1725.00 via Houston/Aruba, not including the one night stays. (prices in Canadian Dollars)

Oh well......At least I'm booked and have my confirmation numbers to the trip.....How many more sleeps till Bonaire???

pt40fathoms:
I'd love to stay in Aruba for a night rather than Miami, but the cost is $1281.00 going though Miami and it looks like about $1725.00 via Houston/Aruba, not including the one night stays.

Oh well......At least I'm booked and have my confirmation numbers to the trip.....How many more sleeps till Bonaire???

Wow! It's that much more? The Houston/ Aruba part was 550.00 RT when I booked it. And the Aruba /Bonaire part is 200.00 RT I just bought it yesterday.
OK well. Glad you're booked and done.

We have 4 rooms left and 128 days or so!

Back
Top Bottom