Bonaire Trip 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Far_X:
Oh, talking of beer, they sell the smallest cans of beer I have ever seen in Bonaire (or was it Aruba as we waited the five hours for our connection?)!!!

WHAT!!!!

How uncivilized!!!

Beer in small cans? Now I've heard of everything.....

bnajdrovsky:
Hah... I should send my greetings to all the Bonaire divers from Munich, Germany where I just polished off a couple of big (and I mean BIG as in 1 liter) beers at the Hoffbrauhaus. Yes, that's how desparate I am for some diving... even though I'm currently trekking across central Europe, my mind is in the Caribbean beneath the waves, and I'm checking in on ScubaBoard from my hotel room in the lovely (but currently rainy) Munich.

Less than 4 months to go now. :D

Oh Bo! I would do almost anything for a huge beer mug from Munich again.

I brought one home from my 1992 trip there. A friend's husband HAD to have it, so I gave it to him.

What can I trade you for schlepping one home for me???? :winky:

Oh I just reread that you're trekking across Europe. OK that was too much to ask. :)

I'll have to wait until I go to Italy in November and hope to find one in some German store there. Ha!

PS I already owe Paul a beer in Bonaire. :winky:

Natasha:
PS I already owe Paul a beer in Bonaire. :winky:

And you had better make sure it is delivered in one of your new German sized glasses - FULL!!! :wink:

Far_X:
And you had better make sure it is delivered in one of your new German sized glasses - FULL!!! :wink:

You know what they say about women buying men beer.... :D

Natasha:
You [know] what they say about women buying men beer.... :D

Yes, it should be encouraged!!! LOL

LOL Thx..I fixed my typo. You got me all flustered. Ha!

OK..here's a question my partner asked me the other day.
She wanted to know how everyone found this trip.

Natasha:
LOL Thx..I fixed my typo. You got me all flustered. Ha!

OK..here's a question my partner asked me the other day.

Last October or November, a group of So. Cal. ScubaBoarders met up in Laguna Beach to do some diving and to have a picnic. It had rained the night before, the wind was blowing and it was COLD! Half the group went for an early morning dive the other half went to breakfast. During breakfast, we started talking about dive trips. Bonaire was mentioned. Some of my favorite dive buddies mentioned that they wanted to go to Bonaire in 2005.

I started to research some of the different trips, especially the ones where you could get a truck and drive and dive. Because Bonaire doesn't have golfing my husband isn't interested in going but encouraged me to go. (He is headed off for a hardcore week of golf and guy-stuff :wink: .) Anyway, this group of buddies are a bunch of guys that really can't plan long term because of the jobs they have (they work at the same place and sometimes have to go off on business at the drop of a hat).

When I saw this post, I thought 'perfect'! If my buddies can make it, then they can sign up last minute. If not, then I can still meet up with a group of people instead of just going alone. It will also take my mind off my empty-nest (my son is heading off to college). :wink:

I "PM'ed" Natasha, spoke to her on the phone, talked to my husband, and sent off a check. The rest is history!!

Natasha:
I spotted it here, mentioned it to my wife thinking that it would be very unlikely that she'd be willing to go back to Bonaire. Last time we were there it was raining profusely.
To my surprise, she wanted a rematch. :wink:
So, I spent a fortune calling Natasha, had to find new ways for international finance (we don't use checks here anymore).
And it's now just around the corner...

Laurens

Back
Top Bottom