Bonaire - Shore diving singles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now I've got to decide where I want to do my 1000th Bonaire dive....hmm.
I only have 9 trips, 280 dives on Bonaire. I would probably go for a good dive with my wife +/- other family on the good old house reef at Bari, I know it like the back of my hand, and love every dive.

I look foward to hearing about #1000 for you, when will that be?

Maybe we should have a poll on where Tursiops should do his 1000th Bonaire dive? I really dig the East Side and North sites like Karpata and Oil Slick. For the south, our very favorite is Vista Blue. We've had some great Eagle Ray action there. We love the Vista Blue site so much that we named our boat after it!

iW85FRa.jpg

Now I've got to decide where I want to do my 1000th Bonaire dive....hmm.
East Coast? Drift from a to b? Same spot as you did your first?

Your first reason is never a reason. People nearly always have a second tank in the back of their pickups, either for the next dive, or from the previous dive, or as a spare.
So, tanks are the one single thing that doesn’t get stolen from cars parked at shore dive sites. It took me a couple of days looking at that answer before I noodled out why that is the case. Makes perfect sense.

Somewhere, some Bonairian is wearing my bathing suit and flip flops. Greatest shore dive island I know of, just leave nothing in your car… besides, apparently, tanks.

That's great to hear about the tanks! Most reports on YT suggest precautions against petty theft, but none that I saw mentioned how to manage tanks. I'm now thinking this will be my first dive trip OOC. My wife doesn't dive so I'll need to see what Bonaire has to offer her.
My wife does not dive, but my youngest does and he will dive with me this trip.

My wife doesn't dive so I'll need to see what Bonaire has to offer her.
Shopping limited (she can get souvenirs), capital is quaint and nice to walk around, lots of iron shore but you can find some sandy beach, eating out can be fun (though a bit pricey), kite boarding, wind surfing, snorkeling, kayaking in mangroves, visit caves, drive around the island getting out taking photos of scenic nature (especially in Washington-Slagbaai Park to the north), looking and and photographing wild birds, a visit to the Donkey Sanctuary, probably more...

Curacao is more where I think of a mixed group with some non-divers being accommodated, though Bonaire could do it. In some ways I think Bonaire is simply logistically for a shore diving focused trip, but Curacao has more topside stuff to see (albeit more spread out, as it's a larger island).

Curacao Trip Research Notes

Curacao Trip Report with SB Surge Jan. 2019

Shopping limited (she can get souvenirs), capital is quaint and nice to walk around, lots of iron shore but you can find some sandy beach, eating out can be fun (though a bit pricey), kite boarding, wind surfing, snorkeling, kayaking in mangroves, visit caves, drive around the island getting out taking photos of scenic nature (especially in Washington-Slagbaai Park to the north), looking and and photographing wild birds, a visit to the Donkey Sanctuary, probably more...

Curacao is more where I think of a mixed group with some non-divers being accommodated, though Bonaire could do it. In some ways I think Bonaire is simply logistically for a shore diving focused trip, but Curacao has more topside stuff to see (albeit more spread out, as it's a larger island).

Curacao Trip Research Notes

Curacao Trip Report with SB Surge Jan. 2019
thanks for your feedback

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom