Bonaire shore dive itinerary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Favorite restaurant in Rincon?
The one that's open on the day you do your Northern sites excursion? Seriously, we like the Rose Inn for lunch, but there are a number of little places, and half the time we find ourselves passing through Rincon on a day when the Rose Inn is closed. None of these places are what I would call gourmet. Beer shacks with bar snacks is more like it.

The one that's open on the day you do your Northern sites excursion? Seriously, we like the Rose Inn for lunch, but there are a number of little places, and half the time we find ourselves passing through Rincon on a day when the Rose Inn is closed. None of these places are what I would call gourmet. Beer shacks with bar snacks is more like it.
Beer shack sounds perfect!

Beer shack sounds perfect!
Good attitude. Even for the "nice" restaurants on Bonaire, keeping your expectations reasonable is a good idea.

- I see you're staying at Bamboo, so you probably already have a reservation at Chef's. I couldn't get a reservation there, but had possibly the best meal of my life at Zara's.
I second the rec for Zara's. We had Xmas dinner there and it was also one of the best meals I've had.

When I last went, we made a list of sites we definitely wanted to hit but didn't plan the days. We rotated the responsibility of choosing the days dives daily. Typically, we went south and chose sites based on several things. For one, you might want to go to the sites furthest on the island, get there and see that it's too rough. This did happen to us, so we drove north until we felt comfortable with the surface conditions. On any given day we mixed random sites and sites which were on the wish list.

Going north to the park can end up being an all day affair.

When going north but not the park, we might do oil slick, karpata, and 1000 steps. We ended up skipping sites on occasion because of the parking situation or lack thereof.

Go have fun, wing it a little, and don't be afraid to adjust your plan even if you're at the dive site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom