Bonaire Crime - Our experience - Looking for input to share

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally would spend 200-300$ to protect stuff that could be worth 2-3K and use an extra few pounds out of my baggage weight limit for peace of mind that I know my stuff will be there. If your gear gets robbed, your trip is not gonna be as fun.

Where and when do you perceive yourself leaving really expensive gear around to be stolen?

Last time I was there, I took a gun safe with me (NO GUN). Then during dives, I had some valuables (friends cell phone) in it that was chained to seat metal. Could be cut with a bolt cutter: Absolutely. But at least they have to work on it to get to it.

Where and when do you perceive yourself leaving really expensive gear around to be stolen?
If they had no safe or if it’s a crappy one, a pelican case will do better especially if the cleaning lady knows the code:wink:

If they had no safe or if it’s a crappy one, a pelican case will do better especially if the cleaning lady knows the code:wink:

Oh,I see. You're talking about robbery from accommodation and not out of the truck at dive sites.

... I’m not your average person, maybe I’m special. Why do you say I think different than most? Random thing to say don’t you think?

Thinking you are special seems to suggest that even you think you think different. Too strange for me ==> ignore

Yes I’m very special and very serious
My advice: don't bother to try to rationally engage with this "Kharon" person as they just seem to like to say they put you on ignore if you don't agree with their posts. They seem unwilling to listen to or understand alternative points of view. Oh well, their loss! I'd guess eventually they will just be talking to themselves here. Lol!

Most of the resorts have safes where you set your own code in my experience.
Last time we were there (Dec'14) I walked across the street from Sand $ Condos where we stayed to take pictures of flamingos in the swamp. Right there a safe box was resting in the dirt, same type as we were issued at the condos. Judging by it looks, it was opened with a sledgehammer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom