Bonaire Crime - Our experience - Looking for input to share

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of the resorts have safes where you set your own code in my experience.
Remember that someone knows how to open that safe if you shut it and don't remember your code.

Remember that someone knows how to open that safe if you shut it and don't remember your code.

And of course they are totally dishonest and on the prowl - specifically for your stuff. Yeah, right.

I'll take Bonaire over CCV where the girl in the convienence shop consistantly charged me $2 over the actual cost (as per owner) over 2 weeks and GC where I was shorted $8 on my dinner bill (didn't realize it till I got back to the apartment and figured the exchange rate).

Kharon, have you tried out your Bonaire walking assist yet?

I am lucky to have friends that live on Bonaire that are lionfish hunting instructor's and guide's... It's good to know the locals... For me it's like a second home...

Jim...

Kharon, have you tried out your Bonaire walking assist yet?

Not yet. I've been in a sling or splint since May 3rd. (rotator cuff surgery then broke left wrist then broke right wrist - summer of suk) I'll probably give it a try on the NYSDA end-it-all weekend, Oct 5-7. I won't really need it till my Bonaire trip - Dec 8-15 and then not on every dive. Still, I want to give it a test before heading for Bonaire just in case some modification is necessary.

Hot off the today's Bonaire Reporter ....Believe what you want, but the police are reporting data for the first half of the year and "Theft from cars at dive sites has dropped by 84%."

Hot off the today's Bonaire Reporter ....Believe what you want, but the police are reporting data for the first half of the year and "Theft from cars at dive sites has dropped by 84%."
LOL, maybe that's because the same article also reports that "Burglary of tourist accommodation and businesses have increased by 25% and 8% respectively."

I've seen police cars 4 times in 3 dive days out near dive sites (twice south & twice north). Certainly anecdotal (N=1). Maybe they were following me...nah. :dork2:o_O:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom