Bonaire Crime - Our experience - Looking for input to share

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where are you hunting lionfish? Not permitted on Bonaire.
May want to check your sources. A number of operators are offering lionfish hunting.
Caribinn being one I know for certain.
I’m at Buddy Dive and couple guests went out yesterday with a couple others.

May want to check your sources. A number of operators are offering lionfish hunting.
Caribinn being one I know for certain.
I’m at Buddy Dive and couple guests went out yesterday with a couple others.

You have to take a course ($125) and after can only hunt on a guided dive (another $50 or so).

Dive Friends offers a PADI Lionfish Hunter Specialty. However, I think subsequent hunting must be done with a guide, not independently. Of course, it is Bonaire, home of diving freedom.

If you got a big pelican case, locked with really good locks and then chained to something unbreakable like the stairs. Would it prevent it? Apart from the weight and hassle of carrying a pelican case and chain?

Put the valuables into the almost indestructible case, put expensive contents into it, lock it with good locks and then chain it to something that can’t be moved. Would it work?

And why would you try that? You think differently than most of us do
To stop thieves robbing your expensive gear. I’m not your average person, maybe I’m special. Why do you say I think different than most? Random thing to say don’t you think?

To stop thieves robbing your expensive gear. I’m not your average person, maybe I’m special. Why do you say I think different than most? Random thing to say don’t you think?

Just my perception, but I think some of the other posters are implying that doing what you suggested is Major Overkill. Folks would just like to be able to leave their water or their sunglasses or a towel in the truck and still find it there when they get back. I hope this helps

Just my perception, but I think some of the other posters are implying that doing what you suggested is Major Overkill. Folks would just like to be able to leave their water for their sunglasses or a towel in the truck and still find it there when they get back. I hope this helps
I personally would spend 200-300$ to protect stuff that could be worth 2-3K and use an extra few pounds out of my baggage weight limit for peace of mind that I know my stuff will be there. If your gear gets robbed, your trip is not gonna be as fun.

Back
Top Bottom