Bonaire and drones

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well yeah voyeurism isn’t something to be condoned but just flying over people’s houses/property is certainly fine. Hard to judge intent by something just flying by.

If I see people flying over houses/whatever my default assumption is that it’s innocent behavior. If a drone is hovering outside a window, fire away, that’s clearly not. Intent matters and I just assume innocence, stupidity may also apply, but I don’t think I’ll will.

When I travel I usually bring my drone but not to Bonaire. Most of the island is no-fly so I leave it at home. There are some cool landscapes that would be great to shoot from the sky but I don't want to lose my drone.

Well yeah voyeurism isn’t something to be condoned but just flying over people’s houses/property is certainly fine. Hard to judge intent by something just flying by.

Intent is not the only problem. The idjit behind the controls will twit the video on their faceplant page where the whole wide internet is free to find uses for it the idjit never intended. We've been through this already with google street view cars taking pix of people's properties over their fences, or has everyone forgotten?

Intent is not the only problem. The idjit behind the controls will twit the video on their faceplant page where the whole wide internet is free to find uses for it the idjit never intended. We've been through this already with google street view cars taking pix of people's properties over their fences, or has everyone forgotten?

I remember they caught people coming out of establishments that they shouldn't be visiting as a person in a relationship, but I don't remember anything about them spying into people's property. Did you have an issue with the Google cars?:)

They weren't spying, they were just driving by snapping shots. That just happen to see over fences and photograph things said fences are supposed to conceal from public view. But even if it's all in the open, apparently there are entire jurisdictions out there that may have a problem with where and how the shots surface later: Google's Street View could be unlawful in Europe

I wasn't saying they were spying. But, they had issues where they would drive by (and photograph) place like Bob Kraft's "massage parlor" and someone would be walking out at the same time. Now, they try to blur the crap out of people and some businesses.

Just because it’s something you don’t like doesn’t make it a nuisance. Some people enjoy photography just the same as some people enjoy diving.

People can take photographs without making a load obnoxious sound that everybody has to listen to.

People can take photographs without making a load obnoxious sound that everybody has to listen to.

Not from high up. The perspective that no one else gets.

I think the same was said for the automobile, the internet and the cell phone. It's the 21st century, get over it.

Each can be used in a courteous respectful manner or used with an I do not give a damn about anybody else but me manner.

Being a jerk is a timeless trait of part of humanity independent of technology.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom