Bonaire and drones

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skeet practice if one flies over my place.i used to fly R/C and there is a place for that .not over residential areas and fly zones

If you're only used to skeet, then you might miss. You might want to take up sporting clays.

I don't like idiot drone operators, but that's mainly because they are going to ruin it for the rest of us.....

Amen to that! Any idiot with a spare $300 can be up and buzzing around within a few minutes. Generally the cost of the “drone” is inversely proportionate to the maturity of the operator. I am probably a little more in tune to hear the faint whhzzzzz of a drone flying up ana decent safe distance and that doesn’t really bother me. But when rookie, boneheaded operators are buzzing the crowds at busy parks, or making a spectacle of their low skill by destroying others peaceful enjoyment of a state park, I tend to hope a tree finds them.

I have flown all sorts of R/C aircraft. The new technology is kind of cool, but it sort of like handing the car keys to your average 12yr old. The technology makes it possible for them to operate, but they don’t tend to have invested the time and energy to truly respect the risks involved.

I personally really enjoy larger fixed wing motor-gliders where space permits safe landings. I love the quiet, and ability to stay in flight for long periods of time virtually unnoticed by most people. :)

. . .
I have flown all sorts of R/C aircraft. The new technology is kind of cool, but it sort of like handing the car keys to your average 12yr old. The technology makes it possible for them to operate, but they don’t tend to have invested the time and energy to truly respect the risks involved. . . .

Yeah. More like handing the keys to a semi-autonomous car to the 12 yr-old. Remember when flying an R/C helicopter required the hand-eye coordination of a Jedi? The thing had intricate mechanical linkages that mirrored a real helicopter's, and of course a gas engine. The pilot needed a big wallet.

To get back on topic, I recall someone posting a video of their trip not long ago that included a drone segment of their truck driving to the dive site--a professional looking touch. I'm too lazy to look for it.

Remember when flying an R/C helicopter required the hand-eye coordination of a Jedi? The thing had intricate mechanical linkages that mirrored a real helicopter's, and of course a gas engine. The pilot needed a big wallet.

A friend built one of those and complained he couldn't really afford to fly it, he only ever flew the computer sim :D

Remember when flying an R/C helicopter required the hand-eye coordination of a Jedi? The thing had intricate mechanical linkages that mirrored a real helicopter's, and of course a gas engine. The pilot needed a big wallet.

I have a friend who had one of those things. He described it as an "upside down lawnmower that would chase you".

skeet practice if one flies over my place.i used to fly R/C and there is a place for that .not over residential areas and fly zones

In other news old man yells at clouds, shoots drones and goes to Federal jail.
Before You Pull the Trigger: The Legal Implications of Shooting Down a Drone | 2018-02-13 | Security Magazine

Or....don't be a jerk and let people enjoy their hobbies. Your choice federal jail or not being a jerk.

Edit: Saw your location is in Canada, so appologies for quoting US law as they clearly don't apply to you. I really can't wrap my head around people's hate for drones though and I don't even own one. People think motorcycles are okay and that noise is far more bothersome than drones.

Still, rightfully so, appears to be illegal in Canda What to do with a peeping drone over your farm property

Drone Laws and Privacy in Canada | JD Supra

Before You Pull the Trigger: The Legal Implications of Shooting Down a Drone | 2018-02-13 | Security Magazine

Or....don't be a jerk and let people enjoy their hobbies. Your choice federal jail or not being a jerk.

Edit: Saw your location is in Canada, so appologies for quoting US law as they clearly don't apply to you. I really can't wrap my head around people's hate for drones though and I don't even own one. People think motorcycles are okay and that noise is far more bothersome than drones.

Still, rightfully so, appears to be illegal in Canda What to do with a peeping drone over your farm property

While I wish federal law would win, it's not a sure thing.

Judge rules man had right to shoot down drone over his house

While I wish federal law would win, it's not a sure thing.

Judge rules man had right to shoot down drone over his house

Yeah sadly their ruling is summarized as " The court dismissed the case because the court did not have the subject matter jurisdiction to decide the case and the case should be resolved in Kentucky state court". Luckily it doesn't set precedence for idiots like this, other than you should bring it up in a federal court since the FAA has jurisdiction. It would have been really nice justice if this guy had been charged with a felony, and had his firearms confiscated and his right to own them permanently removed (as felons in the US can't buy firearms)

i used to fly rc and you had to be away from certain areas outside of the city .i do think they are cool and have seen some cool photos taken.but for every 1 person doing it the proper way you seem to hear about 10 that are troublesome.a big one is perverts flying over peoples property just to get a look at young girls.i would shoot the drone down and then go cut someones nuts off

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom