Bonaire and drones

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIST

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Likely going back to Bonaire for the first time in 5 years in July. Looking for current info on drone laws if anyone knows where to look.

Simple google searches give conflicting info. Tourism .com sites say no. Some legal .con sites give the rules for drones which implies yes.

Is there a good Bonaire government site or does anyone has recent experience?

Thanks

Insert up in the air, fly by the seat of your pants, test pilot, and midnight run pun here.

I have a drone too and I do use it. Some places have signs drones prohibited. Like Washington Park and far south in the area of the Flamingo nesting area. When you follow the guide lines as set forth in your link you will be fine. But do stay away form area's with a lot of birds like around lac bay. Don't fly over people's homes. Use common sense and respect for nature and you will have no problems.

I have a drone too and I do use it. Some places have signs drones prohibited. Like Washington Park and far south in the area of the Flamingo nesting area. When you follow the guide lines as set forth in your link you will be fine. But do stay away form area's with a lot of birds like around lac bay. Don't fly over people's homes. Use common sense and respect for nature and you will have no problems.
So you are saying the link you provide in post #2 is NOT applicable? Rather, follow the link in post #3?

Not saying link of post #2 is not applicable. But is seems like that when reading link of post#3. It says someone was sentenced... Not for flying in general but for flying over the jail... And it is in line with the rules that apply in The Netherlands. So if you stick to the rules, respect nature & other people and not fly where no drone signs are posted, my guess is that it's fine. I've never had any trouble.

This is completely conflicting information. Fly at your own risk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom