Bonaire and drones

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drones are a nuisance. Leave it at home so we can all enjoy our diving. I hate when I go places and the peacefulness is broken by stupid drones

Drones are a nuisance. Leave it at home so we can all enjoy our diving. I hate when I go places and the peacefulness is broken by stupid drones

Just because it’s something you don’t like doesn’t make it a nuisance. Some people enjoy photography just the same as some people enjoy diving.

Just because it’s something you don’t like doesn’t make it a nuisance. Some people enjoy photography just the same as some people enjoy diving.

Just because it’s something you do like, doesn’t stop it from being a nuisance to others.

I’ve been flying r/c aircraft for years. Long before the term “drone” creeped into our vernacular. And yes, I have built and flown my own fixed wing and quad copters.

I don’t fly around people or anywhere it would be distracting or potentially unsafe to other people.

If I don't like drones and I'm enjoying a nice peaceful day to myself and some dummy is flying a drone around, it is annoying and to me a nuisance. I live in florida where there's lots of drones and lots of idiots flying them. They quickly become a nuisance. If you're flying them on your own away from people, great. If you're flying them close enough that I can hear it, it's a nuisance.

I don't like idiot drone operators, but that's mainly because they are going to ruin it for the rest of us. That being said, I sometimes am an idiot drone operator, but just to annoy a neighbor I have friendly disputes with.

I love seeing nicely done edits of drone videos, or videos that partially incorporate drone footage. I can't think of anything I would be doing that would annoy me when someone else is flying a drone. The sound is short lived, as most people are not going to hover too long in one spot and want to shoot as much different video as possible.

DJI only has one no flight zone (the drone won't take off) around BON and it's associated flight paths.

AIrmap.com paints a picture similar to the Airport map in other links..

Just don't be a dork and fly over the flamingos. Other than that, have fun with it and let us know where to find the videos.

Drones Bonaire.jpg

OH! And get one of these in case you make a water landing. It won't save the drone, but it will let you get the memory card and keep from polluting.

GetterBack.

Back
Top Bottom