Bohol, Malapacua or Moalbol?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
O.k. I'm planning my dive trip for May and am visiting Apo Island again probably staying and diving at Liberty Lodge. After Apo I would like to dive one other destination and am not sure which - Bohol, Malapacua or Moalbol? Anyone have suggestions?

I like the small criters for photography and have been to Malapascua many times but don't know anything about Bohol or Moalbol. Are these other two any better for diving (variety etc.) than Malapacua? If they are similar I guess I would probably return to Malapascua. Night life really isn't much of a concern but it is nice if good food and cold beer are available.:D The focus is the diving and sea life.

Thanks.

Any plans to stop in Dumaguete to/from Apo Island? great macro there.

Since you've been to Malapascua so many times before, I'd say do Panglao Island (Alona)/ Balicasag. You say you prefer small stuff but I'm sure you'll like a couple dives on Balicasag. Also there are some pretty interesting small stuff while finishing your dives in the shallows. And some pretty good macro stuff on Panglao Island.

...also it cuts the trip in half. malapascua is far from dumaguete than panglao is. the latter is easily reached from dgte.

pak- what macro are u referring to in dumaguete? <cant help thinking this might be one of those intentionally double-meaning statements of urs>

dauin, u mean?

Hi!
I enjoyed the diving around Apo Island very much.
Are there other good dive spots around Dumaguete/Dauin?
Yours,
Liberty

Coming back to the original question... I love Moalboal, enjoy a gorgeous wall at Pescador with the white tip reef shark, go out on the house reef at night and be overwhelmed by colours and macro stuff.
Yours,
Liberty

Hi!
In 2004, I went with Sea Explorers in Moalboal, which was good.
The shop in Alona was not really great.
Yours, Liberty

Back
Top Bottom