Boca Raton Diving 2/21 afternoon dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goclimbing

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have two days in the Boca Raton area to dive. I'm set up for Saturday 2/22. I don't get into the area until mid-morning (tomorrow) 2/21. I've tried Loggerhead and Pompano and they have nobody signed up for afternoon dives. Looking for suggestions/leads/help....

is it that hard to get in the water?

what... is everyone doing that work thing? :shocked2:

yup... i'm working and back issues right now... Boca itself is more setup for snorkeling - diving would be from pompano to lbts -- call gold coast -- they can setup a meetup for the time/day you are interested in and usually at least 1 or 2 other people will sign up at least. you can also contact scuba_jenny and see what she's up to... she also does guided tours :)

I'll give scuba club a call. I'm driving down from Sebring in the AM so it doesn't really matter where I dive out of. Staying in Boca Friday/Saturday and diving with Pompano Saturday. There's a number of outfits running afternoon trips they just don't have anyone else signed up.

I'm working tomorrow as well :wink:

Thanks for the tips...

Try Captain Tony as well - South Florida Scuba Diving with Diversity Charters,South Florida Dive Boats,Diversity Dive Charters South Florida,Boca Raton Deerfield Palm Beach Ft. Lauderdale,scuba diving boats south florida,south florida scuba diving,florida scuba diving charters - Phone: (561) 368-9952

Or call Force E - they will know if any boats are going out.
Force-E | Scuba Diving in Florida Since 1976 -
Force-E Boca Raton
2621 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
(561) 368-0555

Afternoon dives in the winter can be a little sparky. Not always, but when it is, people from states with higher elevations not used to bumpy salted water can be observed forcibly evacuating from time to time. Not all of ya, but landlocked Americans and all Canadians sure do seem to not like bouncy water. This isn't so bad the first couple of times while you still have something in your stomach.
When you empty on out, those dry heaves sure look painful. Other people in the boat will be suitably sympathetic - this is Boca Raton after all - but it's still a pretty good show.
Anyway, good luck with that. Here's a web cam link for your perusal:
Boca Inlet Web Cam

Rae - looks like you're never going out on my boat. I sold it today to a guy in Tobago, so you'll have to do some travelin' to get there for a ride. It was not as happy an experience selling it as I envisioned, but it was ok.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom