Boat Crew Setting Up Gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaJay:
Thanks, Walter. :D Shhhh... You're giving away my secrets. :D

I can't believe that y'all think that it's rude to tell a DM to leave your gear alone.

No, it's just that you came off as a tad rude in some of your posts, SeaJay. You may have even scairt off those fellas from across the pond. Now, you boys straighten up and stop giving everybody the wrong impression about dixie divers, hear??

Charlie99:
Just a little thread hijack ...... Being able to reach your own valve is better. Not having the tank overly low, and putting your forearm against your head rather than out to the side make it easy.... OK, now back to the regularly scheduled rants.

Charlie

I can do that easily when I'm in the water but normally standing at the exit ready to jump in the BC hangs lower due to the extra weight and then I can't reach without forcing a muscle. So the few times I've felt someone mess with my cylinder just before jumping I end up moving back away from the platform to find a support for my cylinder - or make a point of unequipping and re-equipping.

NauticalbutNice:
Some of us just wish we could afford holidays where someone else was setting up our kit whether we wanted them to or not. :wink:

So true. ::sighs::

Wijbrandus:
So true. ::sighs::

Why do you think there are so many expatriates out there that decided to sacrifice everything just to be able to dive in clear warm water whenever they want. :wink:

Of course, there's nothing wrong with Seajay that a few dives, beers, sex and a Toyota Celica couldn't fix :)

dbulmer:
Of course, there's nothing wrong with Seajay that a few dives, beers, sex and a Toyota Celica couldn't fix :)

A Celica? I can't imagine it. LOL. That is totally weird. Why would anyone want to drive a car that comes in Canary Yellow? Do you guys drive those in the UK?

Maybe we just should move this to scuba humor? I started this thread mainly because I do not like strangers touching my feet and messing with my hair. They can set up my gear and I'll double check it, but I'm not going to let anyone else put my fins on me or pull my hair out of my mask unless I ask them to.

RedHatMama,
Err no - Canary Yellow is bad taste.

SeaJay
See Hairdresser's car - I told ya!

RedHatMama
The reference to the Celica is coz SeaJay doesn't have one and I do (in metallic !) - it's an old quip from a thread a couple of months back. :)

dbulmer:
RedHatMama,
Err no - Canary Yellow is bad taste.

SeaJay
See Hairdresser's car - I told ya!

RedHatMama
The reference to the Celica is coz SeaJay doesn't have one and I do (in metallic !) - it's an old quip from a thread a couple of months back. :)

That was a tough thread to find. SeaJay traded a BMW Z3 for a Ford F-150??? Why? Was it he was mistaken for Pierce Brosnan too many times? Too many trips to the shop for new head gaskets?

Me, I want the V10 and I gotta have the large bore cast-aluminum block and a long-stroke crankshaft. The short-throw shifter would match my stubby steel doubles and maybe I could fit them in the trunk. Please, somebody give me $83,000 so I can dive and drive happy.

BTW, my hairdresser drives a purple Pissat.

redhatmama:
I'm not going to let anyone else put my fins on me or pull my hair out of my mask unless I ask them to.

Drat! I was so looking forward to that.

SeaJay:
Why is that rude?
Because it is politically incorrect to tell a DM anything. Didn't you know, they learned everything in their class.

In SE FL, I hear there is legislation to protect DM's by putting up safety signs on the intercoastal and around the inlets so experienced divers don't run them over. They supposedly migrate down to southern Florida during the spring, they feed, grow, mate, and then return to foreign waters in the fall. Unlike the manatees, it is normally considered ok to feed and tip them, but some divers don't do so. They feel it creates an unatural environment for the DM and they become reliant on these feeders to survive. This has detrimental consequences when the DM returns to reality and has to survive on their own in the concrete jungle. It's sad really, when you think about it. They look so malnourished, and must survive on happy hour food and beverage specials at local establishments. I glad to see this thread and it's debate over what to do about the plight of the ever increasing population of DMs.

Back
Top Bottom