Boat Crew Setting Up Gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

most DM's want you to set up your own gear, best way to tell an experienced diver is to watch them put their rig together, I have been on many boat dives and if you watch the others you can tell the experience level of everyone on board.

I may be just a rookie, but I think I finally understand where SeaJay is coming from.

Wow. Talk about an epiphany. Or whatever it's called. Hey, and I do know what the long hose means.

It's like on my last dive trip where the DMs couldn't figure out how to assemble my backplate system. Yet they felt motivated to "help" me remove my fins at the end of the dive, and one of them "helped" me out by stuffing five extra pounds in my harness without telling me. I spent that whole dive listing about 30 degrees to port, and I was so mad I might have cut his hose if he'd gotten closer to me. I should have just chucked the weight, but I didn't.

Webmonkey, sorry for not answering your question sooner, but I've been swamped with work for about a week and haven't been back. I mean they just try to put the quick disconnect onto the burst disk, not with a wrench or anything like that. Hopefully, the gear is already set up to the point where a wrench isn't necessary!

Web Monkey:
Do you mean with a wrench, or were they expecting the quick disconnect to fit over the burst disk?

I'm very happy that someone took the time to make sure that all the SCUBA hoses only fit on things that won't blow them up. :cool:

Not sure about the rest of the world, but in the US, about 20 years ago, the fittings on all the new flexible gas connectors (for stoves, water heaters, etc.) were changed from a standard flare fitting to something unique, because with enough work it was possible to hook up the gas pipe to a water pipe (just like in the old 3 Stooges Films).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom