BMW - The Ultimate Diving Machine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kracken:
Now if you want to see a smile, when I'm headed down to Florida with my dive bag on the luggage rack of my Midget, there is none bigger in the world ! ! !

Kracken, Does your MG fit in your dive bag?

2 sets of doubles
2 stages
1 O2
4 bags of gear
cooler
2 duffles of clothes
1 EZ UP awning
2 folding chairs
1 large rubbermaid tech box (snaps, hoses, 0rings, everything needed plus)
2 bags of groceries (stuff we like, can't get in FL)
1 bag of kitchen stuff not in rental
2 Pelican briefcases with lights
1 ground cloth

All that and 2 bodies in a Toyota Tacoma Ex-cab.

2 AL 80's
2 PST 80's
2 gear bags
1 dry bag
1 weight bag
1 dive flag
1 small duffle with all kinds of spares and tools
1 1st aid kit
2 pop up tents
2 foldable beach chairs
4 towels
1 queen size quilt
my wife
2 teenagers (my son and my daughter)
my 11 month old
1 reefmaster pro-set
plus snorkeling gear for the teenagers

All in an 89 325i

Two sets of gear will barely fit in the back of a Corvette. Though loading and unloading the tanks over that high rear end is kinda scary...

overexposed2X:
I managed to surprise a number of people today when I pulled up to a local dive site in my Z3 with all my diving gear plus 3 tanks.

Seen all the responses - amateurs.
Why was everybody surprised, when you're driving the such a HUGE BMW?

Everything for a weekend of camping and diving, 175 miles from home, on a BMW R1100RS, and that's BEFORE I got the factory topcase. Haven't tried it with the doubles yet, but eventually....

CathyI8205:
Kracken, Does your MG fit in your dive bag?

Damn near !!!!

Personally, I prefer my Honda Element. All the room I need for two sets of scuba gear and a rinse bucket, tie-downs for my cylinders, a tailgate for gearing up, and a detachable canopy for inclement weather. Then, when I get home, I can rinse out my gear and the inside of my vehicle with the same garden hose ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Personally, I prefer my Honda Element. All the room I need for two sets of scuba gear and a rinse bucket, tie-downs for my cylinders, a tailgate for gearing up, and a detachable canopy for inclement weather. Then, when I get home, I can rinse out my gear and the inside of my vehicle with the same garden hose ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Ok, does it have four wheel drive? if so, I may have to look at one. That one hose cleaning cannot be overstated for value.

overexposed2X:
I managed to surprise a number of people today when I pulled up to a local dive site in my Z3 with all my diving gear plus 3 tanks.
Wish I still had my 500 Jolly---It even had wicker seats!!!

dweeb:
Seen all the responses - amateurs.
Why was everybody surprised, when you're driving the such a HUGE BMW?

Everything for a weekend of camping and diving, 175 miles from home, on a BMW R1100RS, and that's BEFORE I got the factory topcase. Haven't tried it with the doubles yet, but eventually....
O.k. you got me here. And I thought it was impressive for a car that you can't fit a bag of golf clubs in the trunk. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom