Bluewater Sunday 4/29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstonedvr:
The Transpac and the Transplate both have the same "front end" the Transpac has a soft back and the Transplate can have either a aluminium or stainless plate.

Denise,
Here is the big difference. Soft back vs metal plate. I got the soft back because I might want to dive without a shirt on and the notion of a plate in the back is just one I didn't want to dive with.
Howard

eanxgirl,

Ahh,. my friend from Meridian, right? I just bought my self a DSS BP/W. I'm sure you've noticed. Good to see you posting again. :)

Michael

She was talking to me not you Michael...

Clay or Denise,
Did yall talk with the man from Columbus MS that was parked next to Clay's car? He is from Germany and temporaily working in Columbus. I think I remember his posting on SB a number of months ago asking about places to dive.
Howard

denisegg:
She was talking to me not you Michael...

She was the one I told you about in a previous post that lived in Meridian that I could've possibly borrowed her BP/W for you to try since mine was to big for you.

Here is that post. Sorry to have made you think I'd steal your thunder.

Michael

I know Michael...I was just messing with you...you are just toooo much fun :D

Liza sorry I missed you...Doc said you were there..after we left....Denise Halcyon makes good gear but overpriced to me....I would take up the offer to try her gear and see if a one piece harness will work for you...the more versions you try the better idea you will have of what you really like....plus it gives you a reason to get in the water....like you really need one....

denisegg:
Do you use the transpac or transplate?
I don't use a trans anything. I have a stainless steel backplate and single-piece harness (no frills). I went this way initially for my tech classes and continued with it when I bought my new single tank setup to keep everything as similar as possible. It works very well for me--I don't find it at all uncomfortable--but I know a lot of people greatly prefer the transpac and/or transplate for comfort.

philmottrek99and02:
Clay or Denise,
Did yall talk with the man from Columbus MS that was parked next to Clay's car? He is from Germany and temporaily working in Columbus. I think I remember his posting on SB a number of months ago asking about places to dive.
Howard
I spoke with him once or twice. Not very indepth conversation or anything. Just, Hello, how are you,do you want some lemonade or sandwich. Thats about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom